• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BroncoNewb

84 B2 Won’t Start in Park

This part looks to be loose not sure that it’s supposed to be but I can’t tell where it would connect
  2. BroncoNewb

84 B2 Won’t Start in Park

Happy Saturday guys. My son and I are fixing up an old 84 bronco 2 and have rebuilt the carb, replaced starter, plugs, starter solenoid among some other small things. The current issue that just started recently after replacing the starter is it will not start in Park. If I shift down to...
  3. BroncoNewb

Lifthatch struts replacement

The Duff hood struts are amazing. I’m about to order some for my 84.
  4. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

She looks like a beaut! have you done anything on the interior? Here is a pic that we are trying to base our color pick off of.
  5. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Ahhh makes sense. I will look into that and see if that's something I would feel comfortable enough undertaking. Funny enough our BII was actually driven by myself and my two brothers in high school. Then we all went off to college leaving her behind with my dad who kept up for the next...
  6. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Appreciate your two pennies! Truly it’s very helpful to hear insight from others. So here is my priority list: 1. Suspension - Have to figure out which way to go and have the smoothest ride possible with 3-4” lift. Right now I’m leaning towards a 4” body lift with gap spacers, all new poly...
  7. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

That’s a good looking BII! Love the way it sits. I’m guessing that’s the 4” suspension with 33’s? Would 31s be too small with a 4”?
  8. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Thanks for the welcome and the info! Question. When you say you like the road feel better with the suspension lift can you elaborate? I’m wanting some height and bigger tires but this will mainly be a daily driver and I want it to ride as comfortable as possible.
  9. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Sounds like you’re just a few steps ahead of us haha. He and I both have wish lists. His list: 4in suspension lift 31 or 32 in tires Paint Sound system Off road lights That’s about the extent of his wish list. My list: 3-4” Lift 31 or 32 in tires Paint Sound system Duraspark/GM HEI conversion...
  10. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

From reading the forums I can say that I already agree.
  11. BroncoNewb

Post a Picture of your lifted BroncoII

What tires and lift do you have on that beauty?
  12. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Hi there. Thank you for your service!
  13. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Thank you for the welcome and the info. I will be checking them out.
  14. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Maybe I should be thinking rattle can (the boy wouldn’t care) but the big eyes I have has me wanting to sand it down, body fill problem areas, prime, base coat and clear coat it. Then move on to buffing and polishing. Maybe I’m getting in over my head?! Haha
  15. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Hi all, just starting our father son project turning our 84 Ford Bronco 2 2.8L 4wd into his first high school vehicle. I know there will be a large learning curve but he is beyond excited about the potential and I’m beyond excited for the bonding time. I’ve enjoyed reading the forum for a while...
  16. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Here’s the beauty. Have to love that the kid is in love and sees the potential we can bring out.
  17. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

I figured $1500 for the 4” suspension lift, $12-1500 for new wheels and tires. $500 for new paint (I’ll do the body work and painting myself). $100 for seat covers. $350 for new dash cover and vinyl flooring. $300 for sound system. And about $500 for other mechanical replacements/upgrades should...
  18. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Thanks for the reply but even more for your service! Ive got a TPS ordered and will throw it in when it gets here. A local body shop that does great work quoted me about $1500 for parts and install of a Rough Country 4” suspension lift. Think it’s worth it to just do that? Then I could throw...
  19. BroncoNewb

Sons 1st Bronco

Hi guys, first post here so forgive any ignorance you come across. I have an 84 2.8L Bronco2 4wd that my youngest son is begging to turn into his first high school vehicle. He loves helping me with vehicles but my knowledge is lacking. A few questions to start: He wants to lift it and put on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad