• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. CrabGuy

will a 2011 E series OEM CD/radio swap into a 2004 Ranger?

I'm going to be selling the Ranger but want to swap radios with my 2011 van OEM CD/radio. The Double DIN Pioneer unit will fit the van just fine but I'm not sure if it will work both ways. I really need the Pioneers backup camera for boat launching. I'm not sure if it's even worth he trouble to...
  2. CrabGuy

For Sale 87 Ranger 4x4

Not bad for a rust-free California truck. I've seen worse for much more https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/619891566983716/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A6edbbcf2-6382-4067-bea0-a1d96cbfe755
  3. CrabGuy

How to release this locking connector?

I need to remove my intake hose section and have never seen this type of connector. I don't want to break it trying to figure it out like some electrical connectors in the past. Is it a Special tool like fuel line connections or just some secret handshake? I can always take the crimp clamp off...
  4. CrabGuy

Mid Grade gas makes noticeable difference on my Ranger

I recently used 89 octane filling the Ranger from empty. I have to to say it made it run smoother, seems more responsive, and highway mileage has increased just a bit (1+mpg). I was pretty surprised actually. The Ranger always ran decent on 87 but mid grade felt like the Italian tuneup I used...
  5. CrabGuy

New airbag recall confusion from Ford

I just received a Safety Recall Reminder, #21S05, from Ford concerning the Takata airbags. I received a similar letter in 2021. I called back and was told my vehicle was not effected since they had already been replaced in 2018 before I purchased the truck. Now it appears the replacements might...
  6. CrabGuy

Paint recommendations

Decided to finally figure out how to repair the top of my cab. The base coat is gone in two spots. The clear coat isn't peeling on the cab; it's just like it was never even applied. The paint on the rest of the truck is in great shape. I have a feeling the PO never once polished or put anything...
  7. CrabGuy

ABS module/OD cancel fuse keeps blowing

My son has had my Ranger for a few weeks while his truck is in the shop. He says the 10A fuse (slot 20 foot panel) for the ABS/OD cancel keeps blowing. It's not immediate but intermittent. Now he says the turn signals quit working and the high beams won't stay on. Does this sound like maybe an...
  8. CrabGuy

Can Forscan deactivate the TPMS system?

Title pretty much covers it. My 2011 E350 (8800 GVW) constantly has issues with the TPMS. Part of the issue is the recommended rear pressure is 80psi and the front 60psi. If I drop the rear pressure back to 60psi for ride quality it alarms. Ford always resets it at oil changes with the courtesy...
  9. CrabGuy

98 4x4 Splat

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/sacramento-1998-ford-ranger-4x4/7451695382.html
  10. CrabGuy

How to determine if I have a factory tow package or aftermarket?

Just wondering if the VIN can confirm this or if there's a visual clue? I have a receiver hitch that looks like every other later Ranger hitch and a 4-pin connector that just hangs loose, no plug receptacle. Was there additional engine/trans cooling provided that is visible? 8.8 w/ 4:10 open...
  11. CrabGuy

Not a bad deal for a rust-free V8 California Ranger

https://redding.craigslist.org/pts/d/anderson-1983-ford-ranger-8-project-as/7435089893.html
  12. CrabGuy

Receiver winch capacity question.

I'm not familiar at all with winches and needed capacities. I have to 'roll' a disabled Toyota Highlander from a spot where it can't be pushed due to soft clay. I would need to use a snatch block off of a large pine to get it moving because of limited straight line access. Once on the gravel...
  13. CrabGuy

Drivers door won't stay open

I park on a slope and my drivers door won't stay open very well and slams shut on my leg sometimes. I have a plastic shim in there right now to provide more tension but I'm still hoping for a fix. The plastic cam wheel thingy is almost rounded out with no detents. Is there a way to buy and...
  14. CrabGuy

Might make a good flatbed

I wonder if the frame is seriously jacked up in back? https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/d/rancho-cordova-ford-ranger-2001-engine/7376889932.html
  15. CrabGuy

Resealing a small windshield leak.

I'm not sure if it's an old leak or not but there has been some minor damage to the edge of the headliner right behind the DS sunvisor. Mine has the rubber trim, not the metal type. Can that seal be removed and reinstalled or peeled back to inject some 3M urethane sealant under the trim? The...
  16. CrabGuy

Is wind noise normal on a SuperCab?

Just a quick question. I've taken a few longer trips in the Ranger now and can't figure out why the constant wind noise is so prevalent. The door seals all look fine with no cracks or visible compressed areas and there is no obvious airflow around the doors when I run my hand over them at...
  17. CrabGuy

Can this MPG be right?

I made my first long trip in the Ranger yesterday (550 miles @ 65-75mph, all highway- Sacramento to Oregon Coast). I filled up twice and checked mileage. It came out to be 20.6mpg and 21.1mpg. I pumped at the lowest flow setting, topping off only to the next full gallon after the pump tripped...
  18. CrabGuy

How to prevent dome lights from staying on while the door is open?

When doing tint on my windows last week I left both doors open until I was done. I also left the KO so I could cycle the windows but no accessories were on. After just 4 hours my battery was drained enough I needed a charger. The battery load tests just fine when fully charged. Any suggestions...
  19. CrabGuy

Simple question-What's the best serpentine belt?

I noticed a some minor checking on the belt and wonder what the best recommended belt is? I've always had good luck with a Gates premium type in the past on other cars. I live in a very hot climate that isn't kind to belts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad