• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fire

Extended Travel CV Axle Half Shafts

Got an email response from Trakmotive -- Thanks for your interest in our XTT axles. Those particular axles aren’t available quite yet. I would say within the next month or so. When they are released but your local auto parts store should be able to order the axles from their nearest...
  2. Fire

Extended Travel CV Axle Half Shafts

Update on the extended travel and angle cv axles -- Trakmotive has added P/Ns for Ranger/Explorer/Sport Trac on their updated product flyer!!! Woo hoo Product Info Link I haven't found the P/Ns listed at any retailers yet, but I emailed Trakmotive for more info on how to order them...
  3. Fire

07 level II YELLOW submarine

Great write up Doug! One question, I couldn't seem to find where you listed the source for the brackets for the coil spring conversion. did I miss it somewhere?
  4. Fire

Reman 4.0 SOHC -- Problem with P0340 error and +42 STFT error -- SOLVED FINALLY!

I'm writing about this problem and resolution in case anyone else installs a remanufactured engine to replace an aging 4.0 SOHC. Maybe save some headaches. TL -- Spent a week troubleshooting and found 2 wire connectors (FI and cam sensor) swapped that were near each other and keyed the same...
  5. Fire

Just won't go in

Just a couple thoughts. I agree that the shaft probably isnt going into the pilot bearing. Also, I spent a LONG time trying to get the transmission to make, and found it was a cable connector at the top of the engine getting in the gap. Good luck.
  6. Fire

Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

Old thread. Hope you got it figured out. I had something similar a few months ago. Turned out to be the transfer case shift fork was only partially engaging 4x4 mode. It would pop in and out of 4x4 with viole tly banging noise. Ended up swapping out the mode shift collar. Im gonna do a...
  7. Fire

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Man I need to get mine redone. Did you get them reupholstered or buy new seats?
  8. Fire

Alt seized, wow. Guess it wanted some attention.
  9. Fire

Trying to figure out how to make a nice looking slider with round tube, and not having a tube bender, grrrrrr
  10. Fire

2007 4.0 5 speed Front locker options

Anyone know the diff in behavior between a helical locker like torson and a spiral gear locker like a Grip Pro?
  11. Fire

Info on that webpage might be messed up, - in the applications for front diff it also says 8.8. Hmm, might need to go to the mfgr site and check.
  12. Fire

6 mos ago I did a survey and found no electric or air lockers for the front. Yours and mine are both D35 IFS SLA. I'm saving up my pennies to get some kind of locker for the front. I found the following info for 98+ rangers and 1st gen sport tracs, if it is of use: Helical gear lockers...
  13. Fire

Ah, I understand what you are after now. Do they make an e or air locker for D35 IFS SLA? I hadnt seen one.
  14. Fire

My understanding is that a front locker will lock only when driveshaft torque is applied. So if you are trying to go up a hill on a snowy road with a curve in it, you have steering when you are in 2wd, and in 4x4 when you are off the gas. -edited to clarify-
  15. Fire

Successfully rebuilt a double cardan joint on a front driveshaft. First tried with 1 ton arbor press assisted by a hammer, -ended up with unleashed needle bearings gone wild on my bench. Wised up with help from a friend, another new $25 u-joint, and used a ball joint removal tool to press the...
  16. Fire

1993 Splash in SC

Nice sliders! I'm looking to make some for my ST. What size tube did you use?
  17. Fire

Phoenix Area Ford Ranger Club

East Valley FTW!
  18. Fire

Hopefully just a bad wire, man.
  19. Fire

C'mon you're skimping on the details. Nothing exciting, no strange noises, or accidents, or that you picked up fired chicken for dinner? Nuthin? lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad