• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dvdswan

2002 Sport Trac Column Shifter Stuck

It happened twice to me today. 2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L 5R55E First time pulled up to wait in line for the ferry, vehicle running put in park. Slight incline, had foot on brake. When line started moving I thought I was in gear, took foot off brake and it rolled forward until parking...
  2. dvdswan

3.0 no start

Just washed the truck, did a quick cleaning of the engine compartment, it was not hosed down. Started the truck to let it warm up, finished vacuuming the interior and the belts were squeaky/chirpy, so I shut the truck off. (it was running for about 5 minutes, temp was still cool). Finished up...
  3. dvdswan

5R55E FILTER QUESTIONS

So I'm looking up 5r55e transmission filter and gasket kits for my 02 Explorer 4WD (trans code R) and 02 Sport Trac 4WD (trans code D), both have the 4.0 SOHC. I want make sure I'm ordering the correct filter set for each. I know through researching the forum and google the ST has a Ranger...
  4. dvdswan

Why are these tires so cheap?

I'm looking at tires and came across these... for $73.82. Most mud tires start at $160.00. Would these howl like Ground Hawg tires? Achilles Desert Hawk X-MT Mud-Terrain Tire – LT265/75R16 10PLY Rated – Geekfone
  5. dvdswan

Parts Compatibility

I know the compatibility of models for my 91 Ranger, but I'm now looking for models of Rangers, Explorers, and Explorer Sports are compatible with my 2002 Explorer Sport Trac. I'm looking more at cosmetic body items for the exterior and interior. I want to be able to breakdown the model...
  6. dvdswan

DVDSWAN 02 Sport Trac Build/Maintenance thread

Well as it begins, there are a few items that need to be addressed for my Sport Trac. Don't actually have time until this Friday to start troubleshooting but I've been looking / researching the items. So the first big issue is the 4WD operation. The "4x4" and "4L0" lights on the dash do not...
  7. dvdswan

DVDSWANs 91 XLT Maintenance Build

So, it seems I never really started a "build" thread for my Ranger. I bought the truck to do the usual runs to the home store for lumber and whatnot and it has turned out to be a daily driver for me. I bought the truck in February 2021... Had a nice snow fall not long after, actually...
  8. dvdswan

1984 Ford bronco ii $500

Bronco 2, runs, did drive until driver side wheel bearing failed tire damage the fender and broke brake line. It was all straight before that happened. Clean title in my name. I got lots of questions from people. Yes it's 4 wheel drive. It's 2.8 l v6 original motor. Mileage say 79,000, but it's...
  9. dvdswan

1978 Ford F-150 short bed 4x4 Freewheelin

1978 Ford F-150 short bed 4x4 Freewheelin - cars & trucks - by owner... (craigslist.org)
  10. dvdswan

1986 Ford Bronco II STD 4WD

1986 Ford Bronco II STD 4WD - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
  11. dvdswan

2002 Explorer AC compressor will not engage.

Got home from a trip for work and the wife tells me the AC on the Explorer isn't blowing cold. Sure enough just blows warm air. AC button light turns on, check what I though was the fuse and relay for the AC and both were fine (according to a YouTube video). The compressor does not engage. I...
  12. dvdswan

Looking for a new used vehicle. Your thoughts...

I've been looking at 4WD Sport Tracs and Rangers up to the 2010 years. For whatever reason the Rangers are at least 8K - 10K more than the Sport Tracs. Are the Sport Tracs bad trucks? I've looked at known common problems with them and I feel most of them are just angry folks with new car...
  13. dvdswan

1991 Ford Bronco XLT Nite 2dr 4WD SUV

1991 Ford Bronco XLT Nite 2dr 4WD SUV - cars & trucks - by dealer -... (craigslist.org)
  14. dvdswan

1972 Ford Bronco Sport

Beautiful bobtail but I wouldn't pay the 169K for it... crazy. I'm sure someone will buy though. 1972 Ford Bronco Sport - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
  15. dvdswan

1992 4 x 4 Mazda Navajo

MR - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
  16. dvdswan

1988 Ford Bronco II XL

Clean little B2 1988 Ford Bronco II XL 2 Door, 4WD, 2.9L, V6, 5 Speed Manual Transmission, A/C. Has New Clutch, Fuel Pump, Battery, Catalytic Converter, Muffler. Runs great. Original Owner.
  17. dvdswan

1986 Ford bronco

Marketplace - 1986 Ford Bronco | Facebook
  18. dvdswan

ford explorer 4wd 4x4 suv

If it wasn't for the years and mileage... I'd say this was the same truck. How many interiors are worn the same way.... 1994 ford explorer 4wd 4x4 suv - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org) Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 1992 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
  19. dvdswan

1989 Bronco II

1989 Bronco II - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org) Didn't know they had wood grain for the dash... Nice looking truck but the interior is worn a little for the price.
  20. dvdswan

1988 Ford Bronco II **XL**

1988 Ford Bronco II **XL**FRESH TRADE-IN**CUSTOM** - cars & trucks -... (craigslist.org) A bit pricy but that's because it's a dealer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad