• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. OEM bottle jack

Ended up buying one on ebay with a yellow knob, fit just fine.
  2. OEM bottle jack

Awesome, thanks for checking. Found a relatively cheap red knob from an '03 F150, looks like it has the same curved top. Will update when it arrives if it fits in the bracket (or not). In any case, it'll lift truck when needed.
  3. OEM bottle jack

My new to me '98 regular cab ranger is missing the bottle jack and I've been perusing ebay to find a replacement. It looks like OEM jacks have red, blue, or yellow knobs on them. Does this signify anything? Will a bottle jack from an extended cab (blue knob) fit in the bracket of a regular...
  4. Order of operations: coolant temp issues

I guess I'm a bit confused as to which part is the jiggle valve. Is this actually the bypass valve?
  5. Order of operations: coolant temp issues

I finally got around to refilling the coolant this afternoon, let it warm up and took it for a drive. Now the ECT graph gets up to about 82° C, and then kicks down a couple degrees. The temp, gauge indicates just below halfway, perfect. @RonD was spot on with their prediction. I think that...
  6. Order of operations: coolant temp issues

@Dirtman, the new t-stat does apparently have a jiggle valve, it's a Motorad 2000195 for anyone looking at this for reference. It isn't located on the flange like the old one though, it's under the frame closer to the piston.
  7. Order of operations: coolant temp issues

Ok, pulled the old thermostat this evening and installed a new one. Waiting overnight to refill and test it out. Turns out someone put in a 71° C/160° F thermostat (left one, picture below) at some point. I now have a 90° C/195° F in there, so we'll see what happens. The old one didn't...
  8. Order of operations: coolant temp issues

Thanks Orca. Yes 60° Celcius! If I have a 195° F (91° C) thermostat installed, this is still 30° C too low. Looking at the ECT graph, the temps gradually rise and then stabilize around 60° C, there doesn't ever appear to be a drop in temp that would indicate the thermostat going from closed to...
  9. Order of operations: coolant temp issues

I've got a new to me '98 3.0L with 150k on it. Temperature gauge on the cluster has never really crossed the low end of the "normal operating range", even when climbing steep highways in California (not that cold outside). I've checked the sender wire and gauge (full deflections when...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad