• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dude772

302 exhaust clearance issues

has anyone else had the exhaust on the drivers side be an issue for clearance with the front drive shaft? I brought it to the exhasut shop to fix it twice now and my front driveshaft keeps destroying the crossover pipe just from street driving. Keep in mind that theres a solid axle under the...
  2. dude772

Awesome christmas light show in my town.

http://vimeo.com/8562214 Very awesome christmas light show in town here. Thought I would share now that I finally found a video. Theres more too it, but the video is of the best part of the show. If you can get to it? i dont know if this will work...
  3. dude772

2010 Ranger gets FACTORY rear disc brakes

So today we got the newest Ford Ranger in at work. And checking it out we found that :shok: its got FACTORY rear disc. No more conversions. But its not even the explorer rear disc that people have been using for conversions for years. They have some strange setup that is all ranger stuff...
  4. dude772

2000 ish AWD explorer converted to classic pickup?

I saw an Explorer that was a 5.0L AWD that had been striped down and had a 30s(possibly different) classic pickup body put on it. I cant find it anywhere and im not sure what forum it was on. But it was definitly cool as hell! I remember at one point he had the top chopped off of it and took...
  5. dude772

hubs and hardware. dana 44 HP

I need to know what i need for my hubs, the axle basically came bare. No hubs on one side, and anything that was on the axle was rusted to hell. I need to know besides the warn premium hubs what I need. Is there an exploded view of the parts in there, or some kind of kit anyone knows about?
  6. dude772

2009 Mustang shots. (not for 56K)

2010 Mustang shots. (not for 56K) Fresh from the factory arived this week I took a few pictures of 2 of them. And I took the GT convertible 5speed out for a ride. Sorry about the quality, but i only have my cell phone for a camera.
  7. dude772

more explorers

Im going to be the owner of 3 explorers soon. Theres a 2000+ explorer eddie bauer for 1500 at the local ford dealer that im calling about as soon as the sales guy gets in. Then a guy at work had the transmission let go in his 94 on him again, so hes askin me to take it away for $100. And...
  8. dude772

302 aod shifter linkage

I want to keep my column shifter in my ranger, but it doesn't seem to want to get along with the setup on the AOD. I was wondering if it would work if i swapped the linkage from the A4LD to the AOD? and if im already in there doing that would the throttle cable linkage setup also swap over...
  9. dude772

alternator ground to test?

On the regulator where it says ground to test, what does that tell you? I cant remember. I think that tells you the regulators no good?
  10. dude772

I need the taper sizes for a 77 dana 44 tierod

I need the tierod stud large diameter and small diameter of the taper for the tierod on a 77 F-150 dana 44. Im trying to figure out what tierods i can use on this truck. I've got a moog catalog and im trying to find a tierod for the passengers side that will have a tapered hole for the drag...
  11. dude772

Would this setup work?

Ok, so I've worked myself into a crappy spot. I need to know if this setup would work. I drew it on paint to illistrate it because i dont think i could explaine it. I dont think i have enough space to be able to mount the third link to the frame and want to know if that would cause any...
  12. dude772

302 headers and SAS

James duff 302 headers and SAS clearance Does anyone else have both of these modifications?? Ive run into some clearance issues with the james duff headers and the pinion on the dana 44 front axle. Im not really impressed at all with the way the james duff headers fit. Has anyone...
  13. dude772

Sas Help!!!

Ok, Ive got a problem that i discovered tonight. I Have the passengers side of my axle all setup with the spring perch and the link mount on it(for a 3 link system). Now when i went to setup the same thing on the drivers side of the axle, i decided to drill holes in the link tabs before...
  14. dude772

quick spring question.

I know its not the right place for this and i know its on here somewhere, but i always have a hard time searching "dana 44" doesn't like when you have a word under 3 characters long. Im about to order springs for my truck. I just want to confirm that if i order 5.5" lift springs for a classic...
  15. dude772

Problems with lots of lift?

Im curious what problems anyone has had with 6+ inches of suspension lift. Specifically with driveline angles? what did you do to correct this?
  16. dude772

How to: Power lumbar seats(lots of pictures)

This can be done with the seat in the vehicle or out. I would suggest take the seat out and make it easy on yourself as long as the bolts aren't seized in the floor. Fisrt things first. Get yourself some power lumbar airbags, motor and switch out of something in the wreckers. Cut open the...
  17. dude772

Premature clutch wear?

Is it possible to fry a clutch early by getting really thick mud on it? My thinking here is that the mud acts as a lubricant and lets the clutch slip while your trying to get unstuck. Then allows the clutch start burning up even if you dont beat it up to badly. I ask because i just put a...
  18. dude772

Guy got a pretty sweet deal

Sold a guy with a Bronco II a 4.0L engine, engine harness all the way to the computer, the computer, basically everything he needed to swap a 4.0L into his bronco II for $60. Only thing he will need is front accessories. I guess thats what happens when your hard up for cash. He came by...
  19. dude772

A4LD to M5OD complete!

Took me 3 or 4 days of working on it after school and a total of $900 to do it. but i got it! $500 for the parts truck $40 to machine the flywheel $130 for the slave $200 for the clutch kit $18 for the rear main seal $10 for transmission oil FREE 2 tubes of blue locktite minus the return...
  20. dude772

Transmission identification question

Hey, i found a 91 4x4 manual trans explorer but i need to know what transmission will be in it. How do i find out. Im probably going to go look at it tomorrow. Im sick of my automatic puking on me(i ask for it by being cheap tho haha). I want this thing for a manual transmission swap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad