• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Need Help Troubleshooting Tach and Stalling/Engine Power Problem

Thank you again! This is really helpful. I tested my battery voltage (engine off and engine running) and it was what it should be, but I'm definitely going to check the grounding now. It's a pretty old battery, so I was actually kind of surprised the voltage was good. Tips on checking the...
  2. Troubleshooting Advice

I suspected as much, I'll just keep working on it and hope my luck holds in the meantime. Visual inspection of the wires and checking grounding is gonna be the first step. Somebody on another thread recommended opening up the engine computer and checking for corrosion, so that's a good next step...
  3. Need Help Troubleshooting Tach and Stalling/Engine Power Problem

Thanks! I appreciate your advice because I'm new to truck/automotive electrical systems and am basically starting with zero knowledge. Sounds like the 02 sensors needed replacing anyway because I think they were pretty old/it took care of my running lean codes, and the old EDIS module apparently...
  4. Troubleshooting Advice

Thanks guys. This is some useful stuff to work off of. Yesterday I started her up and after brief initial loss of tach function she ran and drove great with a working tach. Still running/driving great today. So I'm gonna count my blessings for now. Still planning on checking out the wiring best...
  5. Need Help Troubleshooting Tach and Stalling/Engine Power Problem

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping for help with an ongoing problem. First off, the specs for my truck are 1994 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L V6 engine. The problem I've been having is tachometer going out or reading erratically along with some unusual engine noises/rough idle. When I...
  6. Troubleshooting Advice

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping for help with an ongoing problem. First off, the specs for my truck are 1994 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L V6 engine. The problem I've been having is tachometer going out or reading erratically along with some unusual engine noises/rough idle. When I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad