• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 91 m5odr1 gets stuck in 4th gear.

Hey guys, So I was driving on the highway yesterday and when I came to a stop, my transmission got stuck in 4th gear. I basically pushed super hard on the shift lever while slipping the clutch a bit and eventually managed to get it back into 1st gear and drive home. Then on the way back, it did...
  2. Should I replace front driveshaft u joints?

Hey everyone, I’m not sure if this is in the right category. Anyways, I noticed the u joint between my front diff and front driveshaft is a little loose. I’m wondering if I should even bother replacing it since I don’t use 4 wheel drive often. So technically the front driveshaft never even spins...
  3. 91 4x4 Transmission Crossmember Bushings?

I need to replace the bushings that go on either side of the transmission crossmember that attaches to the frame and the transmission mount. I’ve done a little research online and apparently no one makes a replacement for them. I saw a YouTube video where someone recommended replacing them with...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent sputtering, low power- solved

Hey Everyone, Still working on this issue. My truck’s engine will intermittently sputter and have a lack of power while driving. Some days are worse than others, and occasionally it just runs fine. I suspect some part is starting to go out, possibly I need new fuel injectors. Up to this point...
  5. D-ring shackle anchors 91 ranger?

Has anyone found a way to put d ring shackle anchors or tow hooks on the older rangers. I have a 91 2.3l 4x4 xlt. It doesn’t have anywhere to attach my tow strap basically if I ever get stuck or want to try pulling someone out with my 2.3l lol.
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking, loss of power under load-solved

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue before. My 2.3l ranger (manual) (fuel-injected) runs pretty good around town at low speeds doing easy driving. However, when I drive it out on the highway, especially going up hill in a higher gear, when the engine is under the most...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) 91 2.3l cranks but no start-solved

Hey everyone, I’ve got a 91 ranger with the 2.3l fuel-injection engine. It seems to randomly have a really hard time starting. Sometimes it starts on the first try, and other times I have to try over and over, and pushing on the accelerator seems to help. I’ve put in a new fuel pump, air...
  8. M50d r1 gone bad

Hey everyone, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread, but my m50d r1 tranny has gone out and I’m wondering if it’s better to try and do a rebuild (which I’ve never done before) or to just buy a remanufactured one. Does anyone know which shops are reputable that do the...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) No Start Unless Gas Pedal Floored

Hey Guys, I have a 1991 ford ranger 2.3l that won’t start unless I push the gas pedal to the floor while turning the key. It used to happen only sometimes, but now it happens every time I try to start it and I burned up my starter after weeks of doing it this way. I tested it and got 21 and 24...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad