• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rear disc emergency brake issues

Fixed my stretched cables for about $10. Used a set of patio door rollers and two 1/4 bolts. Only had to drill one hole. The lower one. The upper pulley fit in this handy slot so it’s adjustable. Emergency Brake works great now!
  2. Rear disc emergency brake issues

Thanks for the input. I will look into the cable shortening/board stretcher device. It sucks because all the cables are in remarkably great shape besides being stretched. Need the brake to park on steep hills with the standard. And yes I have the brake shoes inside the rotor drum. A sort of...
  3. Rear disc emergency brake issues

My 2011 has rear discs and the emergency brake does not work. Everything seems to be in good working order including the rotors, shoes, cables, adjusting quadrant (maxed out) and internals. The cables just seemed stretched out! I also see no way to tighten them. What is the best fix? Is this a...
  4. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

Yes, thank you! I may resort to a simple switch. I will be in touch. I will see how it works this time out.
  5. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

I hear clicks and etc in my dash behind my switch. They vary with where I index the plate. Working or not working I presume. I indexed mine again today a few times and got it to go into 4 high when ever I turned it. I also added Nolox on the connections in the plug. A conductor grease that...
  6. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

My 2011 does the same damn thing! tons of torque as it will flip the motor off the running board. If I re-index the plastic cover by loosening the torx screws mine will shift to 4 high and the light comes on, no 4 low. Only at first then stop working the next day. All my plugs look good. A lot...
  7. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.3 to 2.5 conversion questions

Thanks. Probably what killed my 2.3. When I pushed the clutch in the growling in the motor stopped. Did it for 50k. Drove it home one day and it wouldn't start the next. I had the 2.5 in a spare truck. Same issues with soft steel in the cranks of the 302's I guess?
  8. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.3 to 2.5 conversion questions

Great! Thanks for the help. I will have both motors side by side so the mechanics should be straight forward. Was not sure if I would have balance issues switching pullies. Internal/external balancing etc. Its my beater truck I prefer to drive to work in the city. I unhooked the tranny speed...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Need to replace my 1992 Ranger engine: 2.3 L, 4 cylinder, 5-speed, floor shifter

Why is it so hard to swap the crank sensor? Is there a spot or boss there? Im trying to put a 99 2.5 in my 94. Also are the pickups the same on the harmonic balancer? Can you swap them? I have the 2.5 0n my motor stand and have not pulled the 2.3 yet. Thanks for the help.
  10. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.3 to 2.5 conversion questions

Pulling my 2.3 out of my 94 and using a 99 2.5. Using all the parts off my 2.3 on the intake and exhaust side. Hopefully all the pulleys and accessory stuff too. Found out the "new" engine has a lot of crank play. Which bearing cap has the thrust main? Its not obvious on the caps and I can't...
  11. Updating the 4-Cylinder Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

I am swapping a 2.5 for a 2.3 in my 1994 Ranger. Found my "new" 2.5 has 1/2 inch of crank slop! Pulled the front, rear and middle main caps and did not see a thrust main. Would love it if you could have an engine parts diagrams to see whats what. Maybe I missed it. Would also be happy to...
  12. 2.5L ('98-'01) Fuel rail needed for 2000 Ranger 2.5L

I am pulling a 2.5 for a 2.3 swap. You can have mine. not using it. reusing my 2.3 intake and etc. 570-218-2790

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad