• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. GrumpierGrunt

Weeping Brake Lines

I have a 1999 Ford Ranger 2WD Auto 6ft bed with 140,000 miles. I needed desperately to replace my brake drums and shoes so I did that over the weekend. While doing the rear brakes, I noticed the lines were kinda roached. I installed new lines as well but I’m just getting a tad bit of weeping...
  2. GrumpierGrunt

P0171 and P0174, where to start?

I disconnected the battery long enough to reset the computer, zeroed out the LTFT. No code yet and LTFT are not getting nearly as high as they were before resetting the computer. Gonna see what it does, it’s too cold to really mess with anything else. is it normal for high STFT when...
  3. GrumpierGrunt

I’m getting lean on both banks, but could a massive exhaust leak trigger both? I did. notice that one bank tends to run slightly leaner.
  4. GrumpierGrunt

I changed the fuel filter less than 3,000 miles ago. I used a motor craft filter. can an exhaust leak cause this issue? I have an exhaust leak at the manifold, it seems to be worse on one side than the other. Just thinking that if oxygen from combustion is escaping, could it cause a false lean...
  5. GrumpierGrunt

Hi again Ron! I changed out the 02 sensors probably around 20k miles ago, or about two years ago . It was probably the second set of 02 sensors, but I regret putting Bosch sensors in. I’ll have to my OBD2 sensor with the fuel trims, but the Bank 1 Sensor 1 voltage seems suspicious. Should it be...
  6. GrumpierGrunt

Hi, 1999 Ford Ranger 2WD Auto single cab 130k miles. My truck has been throwing 0171and 0174 codes for running lean. My initial research suggested this was a vacuum leak, but I think it might be a fuel delivery issue, as the long term fuel trims really get lean during a period of acceleration...
  7. GrumpierGrunt

Burnt Oil Smell

Hi all, 1999 ford ranger 3.0 automatic flex fuel 129,000 miles I’m getting a burnt oil smell. I recently did. the valve cover gaskets over the summer. No smells for a little bit but in the last month or so I’ve been getting an occasional burnt oil smell from the engine bay. i looked around and...
  8. GrumpierGrunt

Is this condenser ok?

Hi Everyone, I like to procrastinate, but just had the system charged up and is holding well. Thanks all for the reassurance!
  9. GrumpierGrunt

Fuel Pressure Issue

It was a bad MAF sensor
  10. GrumpierGrunt

Fuel Pressure Issue

Hi all, 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 FFV Automatic standard cab 126,000 miles. About three weeks ago,I put a new battery in my truck. Prior to that, I had been jumping it. One time after jumping it with my Halo battery device, the truck just would not start. After getting a new battery, the truck ran...
  11. GrumpierGrunt

Leaking Transmission Cooler

Thanks for the help everyone! I initially tried just new hose clamps, but still saw leaks in the driveway. Ended up replacing the lines as well. It was a little messy but no more driveway spots! Super help from both of you, thanks!
  12. GrumpierGrunt

Leaking Transmission Cooler

1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 FF Auto 126,000 miles Hi, I have a 1999 ford ranger that has a slight weep from the transmission cooler. I was just going to swap out the hose clamps for the springy kind, is this the best course of action? How much fluid should I expect to come out and is there anything I...
  13. GrumpierGrunt

Is this condenser ok?

I picked up a condenser on fleabay and it looked fine but I noticed that some of the fins were pushed in. The seller said it should be fine and it will hold just fine. I just wanted to see what the forum thinks before I install it and spend $80 to charge it up. Thoughts?
  14. GrumpierGrunt

Another 3.0 FFV Pinging Question

Might as well do the whole can on a half a tank :) All the smoke might help clear out the mosquitos too!
  15. GrumpierGrunt

@RonD Might try this over the weekend, how much regular gas should I have in the tank if I’m going to dump a can of sea foam in it?
  16. GrumpierGrunt

@RonD Hi Ron, thanks for the thorough response. It really cleared some questions up for me. I never thought of running seafoam, I was always a little intimidated by it. I have run E85 and higher octanes on it at different points in the past, and it did run better. When I go to seafoam it...
  17. GrumpierGrunt

Hi, I am not too sure. I live in a metro area and only noticed the pinging had returned when I left this city this past weekend. And I cant remember if the pinging happened on the way out of town before I fueled up for the return trip. I can put in a new tank of gas at a different station and...
  18. GrumpierGrunt

1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 Flex Fuel Automatic Transmission 2WD Single Cab 121,000 Miles. My Ranger has had really bad pinging issues when under load and terrible acceleration. Going up hills was treacherous. I was driving around earlier this Summer and got a CEL for P00153 related to my O2...
  19. GrumpierGrunt

A/C warm at idle cold on acceleration

Well, there’s also a leak in the condenser. It was holding and passed the test, but I could see some UV dye. Maybe something to do with that?
  20. GrumpierGrunt

A/C warm at idle cold on acceleration

@Uncle Gump @Jazzer Yup, it was the orfice tube

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad