• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94' 3.0 Voltage Fluctuations (12v-16v)

My voltage consistently fluctuates between ~12-16 volts at idle, I'm worried that this will eventually kill my battery. I neatly stripped and re-did my battery top-posts and all connections to my alternator, no change. The alternator less than a month old and the battery is maybe 1 year old...
  2. 94' 3.0 Valve Lifters Major Failure, ADVICE NEEDED

Last week I started working on my 94' 3.0 Ranger, I wanted to replace everything included in the head gasket set and replace anything along the way that wanted replacing. I brought my heads to a reputable machine shop (had one small crack on intake) and a few days later my heads were back on...
  3. 94' 3.0 Oil Pan + Oil Pump Removal

I am attempting to replace the oil pan gasket on my 1994 3.0 Ranger. I've unbolted the block mounts and the tranny mounts (to the frame) and have the block/tranny jacked up just about as far as it will go. I am not going to lift my engine out or unbolt my tranny from the block unless ABSOLUTELY...
  4. 94' 3.0 Head Gasket Job

For the next 2-5 days I am undertaking a large project on my truck. I've had steady bubbles coming from my radiator for over a year now (thankfully my oil has always been clean) and my front engine cover leaks. My fan clutch just went out and my water pump started leaking so I figure it's time...
  5. Cylinder Head Replacement: Re-manufactured Vs New

I am not 100% certain that I need new heads but I am replacing the head gaskets on my 1994 3.0 STX Ranger this weekend (or next), and depending on their condition, I may want to replace my head(s) as well. I was just curious what this forum's general impressions are on new vs. remanufactured...
  6. 94' 3.0 Ranger Cooling Fan Replacement

So my fan clutch went out the other day (it started spinning my fan at belt speed at all times), I went to replace the clutch when I noticed hairline fractures in between every fan blade. I've seen this before on old fans before but these were obviously fresh fractures from the recent stress of...
  7. 94' 3.0 - ABS light After Replacing RABS Hydraulic Assembly, code 4

The other day I began to hear a minor squeak from my breaks so I decided to take a look. My front pads were at 2mm after about 11,000 miles and it looked like my drums hadn't worn since the last brake job I did which was almost a year ago. After replacing my front pads with some Centric...
  8. 94' 3.0 Gas Tank leak

My 94' Ranger 3.0 looks like it has a gas tank leak coming from near the rear right corner. I found this ooze coming from the tank while trying to get my rear drum brakes working yesterday (following my lines looking for a hydraulic clog). I've gone from 17-19mpg to 12-13mpg over the last ~2...
  9. New Alternator not Charging after Direct Short

My 1994 Ford Ranger 3.0 has been having an electrical issue that revealed itself the other day by catching fire. I had a major direct short on my blk/org B+ alternator wire in between my inline fusible link and the starter solenoid relay. While the truck was running the short was not complete...
  10. 94' 3.0 Ranger Cranks But No Start

My 94' Ford Ranger V6 3.0 Stick 5spd wouldn't start back up today on the job. I replaced practically the entire ignition system last year and have not had any real issues with it in that time. The ignition related parts I've replaced in the last 1.5yrs are as follows: *Spark Plugs, Spark Plugs...
  11. 94' Ranger Idle Stalls When Hot

My stickshift 3.0 1994 Ranger started giving me issues the other day. I drove for about half an hour, parked it, and it wouldn't start back up till it cooled down. On the drive home I had to give her gas when idling to keep it from stalling. My first thought was a bad vacuum leak so I thoroughly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad