• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Timing gear breaking

I have a 1994 ford ranger with a 4.0 motor from a 1993 ford explorer. Before the motor was installed I put all new gaskets on the motor and put a timing set off of my old motor that only had roughly 13k miles and put it on the new motor. As I went to drive it for the first time it was really...
  2. 4.0 and 3.0 OHV

I have a 4.0 ohv motor that has bad heads and I can not afford to replace them. However I have rebuilt 3.0 ohv heads will they interchange so that I can get my motor back or is there modification required? also if it is possible will I have to change anything to adapt to the 3.0 heads?
  3. 94 ford ranger diagram

I am looking for the diagram of the connector that goes into my firewall and goes into my cab. I need the male and female side of the connector with the wire color and circuit number. Please if anyone can provide me with the diagram.
  4. Idle problem

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 v6 4x4. For some reason my truck will sometimes idle at 2200, 1000, or 650 rpm there is nothing that is done different that will cause the weird idle. I have replaced the fuel and air filter, Injectors, cpu, Idle air control valve, Throttle position sensor, and I...
  5. No start diagnosing

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 v6 4wd. I was driving home today and I lost all power. When i pulled off to the side of the road and tried to start it back up it sounds like there is no compression at all. I got it home and did a test cylinders 5 and 6 are showing 60 psi throttle closed and 70 psi...
  6. ABS system

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 4WD 5 speed. My abs light comes on and off at the most random times and i need to get it fixed. I have replaced the wheel speed sensor and that didn't work.(only did it because it only cost 17 dollars) The control module and hydraulic unit are both 150+. I...
  7. Shock absorber mounted to engine

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 v6 and I’m in the process of doing a top end rebuild on the motor. I noticed there is a small shock absorber attached to one side of the motor. I have never seen it before and I don’t know if I should replace it. If I need to what is it called (picture shows the shock)
  8. 3.0 engine wiring

I am going to make a new wiring harness for my 3.0 V6. There has been many splices and modifications made to it. Does anyone have a chart or diagram that tells me the exact wire size I will need I know it Varys depending on the function. Also I need the diagram of the wires that go into the cab...
  9. 4.0 intake manifold gasket

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 v6 and I’m in the process of replacing my fuel injectors. Upon inspection I realized that the holes where the injectors sit were dirty so I removed the intake manifold to clean. When I was inspecting the gasket (only about 6 months old) I don’t see any cracks or...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 no start issue

We just put a new 2.3 four cylinder into a mustang (yes I know this is the ranger forum but it’s the most information in my opinion) we have wired everything up checked the timing and spark plugs over and over checked battery and starter but when we turn the motor over it sounds like it has a...
  11. Sputtering engine

i have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 5 speed. When I idle and go at low speeds the truck runs perfectly fine however when I get up to 60 or more the truck starts sputtering like it’s misfiring. I recently rewired the MAF sensor because of issues. My fuel filter is about 6 months old my spark plugs are...
  12. MAF Wiring

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger with a V6 4.0. I have been having trouble with idling and narrowed it down to the wiring for the MAF sensor. However I want to bypass the original harness and put my own wires in but I can't find where they lead to in wire mess at the rear driver side of the engine...
  13. 3.0 Build

I have a 3.0 V6 that came out of a 1993 ford ranger, and I am putting it into a 1987 Ford Ranger. I am wanting to build the 3.0 a little bit to get some more power and torque out of it and I was wondering what my options were I also am doing a full rebuild of the motor and after a little bit of...
  14. 4.0 Idle Issue

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 4X4 with the M5R1 Transmission. When I idle for long periods of time like sitting in a drive through my truck will cut off, also when I start it up in the morning after it has sat for a few hours I have to keep my foot on the gas for it to warm up because it will...
  15. 3.0 in a mustang

I have a 1993 Ford Mustang LX that had a 2.3 4cyl blow up. Now I have a spare 3.0 out of a 1993 ford ranger sitting in my garage both vehicles have the same transmission but I can’t seem to find any information on motor mounts or what else might have to be done for this to work. if anyone has...
  16. A4LD Automatic Transmission

So I’ve come to the ranger forum because I know this transmission was offered in select rangers. I am attempting to install the torque converter and other people were saying once it is full installed to run a straight edge across the transmission bell housing and it should hit and part of the...
  17. Fuel pump not activating

I have a 1994 ford ranger with a V6 4.0. I just replaced the fuel pump, filter, pressure regulator, and computer in it now my fuel pump won’t activate. I have good connections on ground and I am receiving 12 bolts on power wire. The inertia switch is hot wired so no problem there. I’m at a loss...
  18. Sway bar bolts

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4WD. I went to install my winch yesterday and the bolts were stripped out I found out after removing them that the bolt is fine it is the nut/clip inside the frame that is stripped. I also can’t get a nut on top of the frame to run a new bolt all the way through any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad