• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

I still dont have mine fixed. I am waiting on another salvage yard module. The module I received about a week ago was bad--wouldn't do anything, no clicks, no dash lights, nothing, but the guy said he would send a replacement. When last contacted, he said he was still looking for one, but I...
  2. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

The "new" replacement module is 1L547H417AC. So, now I have 3 modules, all same #s ending in AC, AD and AE, with only the AE showing any signs of life, but no 4wd. I agree with eric that, in the words of the great Strother Martin, "there seems to be a lack of communication..." between the...
  3. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

This is no fun. I purchased a replacement module from salvage yard and it does nothing--no lights on dash at startup and no clicking when 4x4 selector turned. But, my first replacement module does give me lights on startup, and does click when 4x4 selector turned. I have NEVER had any...
  4. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

Well, I gave that a shot and it didn't work. At first, I thought it did because I used an auxilliary battery to move motor to neutral position, and when I turned key on, the motor did move from neutral to 2HI position. However, motor just did its little bump forward/back a couple mm thing when...
  5. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

I do get the full 270 degree swivel, so I am going to give that a shot. I just went through a 24 hour period with battery disconnected so as to clear everything out and also checked the wiring harness box under driver's seat. All connections were good in the box--nice and clean in there. I...
  6. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

Thank you, Ron. I had read in some threads that most of the time, a problem with the tcm knowing the position of the shift motor is in the encoder assembly of the motor. The suggested cure is to adjust the contacts. That should not be a problem with a new shift motor, right? Is there any way...
  7. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

Do I understand it correctly that with the transfer case motor hooked up to wiring harness but not bolted on to transfer case, the transfer case motor should (if all things working right) rotate to the corresponding position when 4wd switch in cab is turned? All I get is a little bump of...
  8. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

I really don't understand the chart for ohmeter readings. How are these readings taken using the multimeter? I think I'm in over my head as I have replaced each of the 3 components and I'm really not familiar with electricity or how to use the multimeter. Add to that I am kind of afraid of...
  9. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

Thanks very much for the responses. I have borrowed a friend's multimeter and will be following your advice. I will likely find that the tcm is bad. With original tcm, I got no lights at startup and no clicking of tcm relays. When I purchased the used unit from salvage yard, I plugged it in...
  10. 4x4 wont engage; what else could it be?

New forum user with a 2002 XLT Supercab 4x4. Many thanks to the forum users who have posted so much valuable information and advice. I cannot get 4wd to engage after spending a good amount of time on the forum and under the truck. Here is where I am: 1. All fuses and relays are ok 2. New...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad