• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pump runs a long time when key is turned to on position

I pulled out the computer and opened it up. It has two (2) blue capacitors. Both looked really good with no leakage. Their was a lot of trash inside the computer, I'm guessing from Hurricane Sally this year. I pulled out the board, cleaned the contacts and everything else to the best of my...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pump runs a long time when key is turned to on position

Very nicely put, I was looking all over the place for a fuel pressure sensor. The EEC is definitely the next move. Thanks...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pump runs a long time when key is turned to on position

The pump runs for awhile and when it stops, then you can start the engine. I have also replaced the fuel pump relay. The EEC or PCM on this truck is located in the passenger kick panel. It is pretty easy to get at so I would think it will be the next avenue of inspection. If the capacitors are...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pump runs a long time when key is turned to on position

1991 2.3 5spd. Fuel pressure is lost quickly when engine is just down. When key is turned on, the pump runs a long time before it stops. I have already changed the the fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, and the fuel pump. NO large improvement was noticed. Interestingly enough, if you turn the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad