• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Needs ideas, to "bush fix" the throttle cable to stop just short of full release, increasing idle speed

Hi everyone. Need some help with a problem. My 2006 Ranger Sport seems to be idling too low, about 730 RPM. At red lights, at resting idle, it drops pretty low, the engine kinda shudders, the engine light starts to flash. When the traffic light turns green, I can't get more that maybe 10 k/hr...
  2. 2006 Ranger 3.0L, V6, idles too low.

I've encountered a problem where, after the truck warms up, if I sit and idle for a few minutes, the resting idle sits at around 750 RPM, the engine kinda shudders, the engine light flashes, and when I try to accelerate, she won't move more than 5 - 10 K/hr for a bit, until she suddenly gets her...
  3. Random Misfire Codes

A mechanic buddy replaced all spark plugs, all plug wires, and coil pack. Started getting multiple misfire codes about 2 weeks ago. RANDOM, particular cylinders (4,5,6), Misfires on Startup. Code reader says Severity 2 out of 3. Mechanic buddy figured faulty coilpack. Took out the cheaper coil...
  4. Truck STALLS when coming to a stop

2006 Ford Ranger Sport, V6, 3L, 2WD, Auto. The thing STALLS on me, intermittently, when I stop. Usually around 40% of the time (estimate) Here's what happens: I'm driving along all fine and good, until I have to do a Stop and Go, like at a stop sign, or a red light. When I'm almost at...
  5. Truck stalls about 40% of the time

Hi. I just bought a 2006 Ranger Sport, 3L, V6, 2WD. I'm having a HELL of a problem with it stalling when I come to stops, about 40% of the time. As I start getting almost to the stop, it's like the transmission wants to keep pushing the truck forward, not disengaging, instead of settling in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad