• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Blitz

Strange noise that has popped up 4 times in 7500 miles

I just wanted to update everyone. Shortly after I made that video the Ford dealer who sold me the truck made me an offer I could not refuse on that truck. I mean it was a crazy offer and they ended up sitting on that truck for 4 months and ended up selling it for a loss. Not sure what they were...
  2. Blitz

How rare is my 2002 Tremor?

This is the original gauge cluster. From my research the Tremor was an option in 2002 and consisted of the white face gauge cluster, 480 watt stereo system and the rims. My truck has the Vulcan 3.0 engine and 4:10 limited slip rear-end and power windows and locks. When I look around at these old...
  3. Blitz

How rare is my 2002 Tremor?

I have a 2002 Ranger Tremor with 96,500 miles on it and was wondering if this is appealing to Ranger enthusiasts or just another Ranger? I have stuck a crap ton of money in this truck because I like it and they don't build them anymore (this size) Let me know what you think.
  4. Blitz

Stumble in Idle on 3.0 Vulcan

I will try the toothpick trick
  5. Blitz

Latest update for whoever may has same problem. The idle is very good now but not perfect. I am guessing probable about as good as it ever was even new. Last week I replaced the cats because they were rotted out and man did that make a difference in the way this thing runs. Its a 2002 with...
  6. Blitz

Well I had it smoked and found the leak and check engine light has not been on for a month now so far. It was below the purge valve where the rubber hose transitions to the metal pipe. So all told I had 3 different leaks. The check engine light came on as soon as I replaced the gauge cluster so...
  7. Blitz

Yes I ended up replacing the filler assembly with a new one because my check engine light came back on with code PO442. It came on again after that replacement so I replaced the Canister purge valve and my light just came on again. The funny thing is that the truck has to sit a couple days in...
  8. Blitz

Rough idle and no codes. Need advice!

I was planning on doing all the oil leaks and defects on the engine at one time. 1. oil pan gasket 2. main seals 3. water pump 4. timing chain and gears 5. valve cover gaskets 6. intake o-rings 7. valve cover gaskets 8 Heads = guestiment = $3500.00 and I will have a new engine with 87k on it. I...
  9. Blitz

No I have not gotten to the smoking gun yet on the rough idle. I have replaced just about everything possible. Do you want to hear something amazing? My brother has a 2002 Ranger Tremor that is only a few hundred off my Vin number so we basically have the same exact truck. His has 105,000 miles...
  10. Blitz

My patch did not work because hole was in a tough spot. Rock Auto has the filler assembly and hose.
  11. Blitz

OK I see some people are interested in this so here is the latest update. Since this is my daily driver and I had the bed off I tried to patch this hole with RTV. It worked for first few week but when my Ranger sat at airport for 2 weeks the light came back on as soon as I hit the highway on way...
  12. Blitz

Paint Estimate

I just added a few years on to my Ranger. I did this in 1 weekend.
  13. Blitz

To those who have been following I found the cause of the PO442 code (small EVAP leak) My mechanic told me where to look. I love this guy he is so honest. I took my bed off and there it was. The filler nozzle vent tube has a hole in it. You can see in the picture that the vent has a gas stain on...
  14. Blitz

MAF sensor was fine. My check engine light is still lighting up every couple weeks for small evap leak.
  15. Blitz

I know this thread is 5 years old but did the new heads fix your problem with the rough idle? The reason I ask is because my ranger has the same symptoms except now the reman heads are $550 and labor is $130 an hour
  16. Blitz

Just an update on whoever is interested. I replaced the Vapor canister purge valve and found what was causing it to stick open. The vent hose feeding it was in bad shape. Ford does not make this hose anymore so I got one from a pull and pay. So far its has been a couple weeks and no check engine...
  17. Blitz

Ron: Thanks for the response. I have bought a new EVAP Solenoid and will swap it out when it warms up. By the way I cleared the code on Sunday and the check engine light has not re-appeared yet. The first time it lit up I replaced the gas cap and cleared the code and it disappeared for a few...
  18. Blitz

So We ran the OBD scanner is this is the freeze frame data when the CEL came on. Can anyone tell me if any of this data is suspect?
  19. Blitz

Well if anyone has been following my problem here is an update. My truck still has a stumble when idling but some times its almost non existent and other times its pretty annoying. I can't really create a condition to cause either. It threw the check engine light on this week so today I will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad