• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Skooby

Which TFI module?

Any way to check by vin if my 1991 2.9 is CCD (black) or push start (grey) ?
  2. Skooby

2.9L key on fuel prime 5min

This is the second cardone reman PCM I've gotten.....as far as I can tell the fuel pump prime cycle is all controlled by the PCM. The fuel pump runs constantly with the key on and truck will not start. BUT... after roughly 5 min the pump FINALLY will shut off and the truck will fire right up...
  3. Skooby

Rancho p/n?

Anyone know the part number for rancho shocks for a 1991 rear with a 4" lift?
  4. Skooby

Spout in, no start. Spout out, start

Ok, history...new pcm a few months back, drove fine. Sat for a couple months building a bumper and stuff then would run for awhile and just shut off randomly till it finally went hard no start.....replaced the TFI and the distributer ( old one had shaft play ) same result. Started running...
  5. Skooby

New distributor questions

Picked up a new distributor from Carquest. They swear its a direct replacement but problem is the module on it is black. I had just replaced the TFI on the old one but had the same issue (random dieing, tach jumping after dieing) should I swap the modules or run with the black one? I know...
  6. Skooby

91 2.9L Dying and weird tach reading

Replaced the TFI just because..... Anyway the truck will start idle fine then out of nowhere it just dies, but with the key still on the tach will continue to read and bounce and it sounds like a relay or something in the engine bay is rapidly clicking? What are the symptoms of a worn distributer?
  7. Skooby

1st gen factory fender flares?

Can anyone tell me if these are factory or not? If they are does anyone know what type of plastic they are? I need to repair some cracks and paint
  8. Skooby

DIY Bumper build!

Just got started finally! We got everything tacked together to a point where I can measure for the last couple plates I need to cut. More pics to come. My son is doing all the welding himself after practicing building the table that you see the bumper on.
  9. Skooby

Lift questions and identification

Bought a parts truck that has a what I was told was a 4" lift on it. Can anyone identify the brand? Also were the 4" lifts for this Era truck a lift/level kit? I ask because it looks like the blocks for the rear are only 2-2½ taller that stock?
  10. Skooby

1991 wipers- interval governor or GEM module?

Have a 91 that the wipers work with the switch (turn signal stalk style) in high and low positions but they don't change speed, and the intermittent doesn't function at all. Have looked for the module near the ebrake assy like the OBS have but they use the dash mounted rotary switch. Can't...
  11. Skooby

91 2.9L TPS signal testing

Truck will rev if throttle is opened slow, will pop and backfire if opened quickly. Trying to test the TPS and getting the 5V on the connector (disconnected) with the key on, not getting continuity to ground o. The other wire. With connector plugged in and key on seeing 5V on all three wires...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad