• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Google Voice?

Does anyone have this currently? Is it all it's cracked up to be? I'm curious about it as it seems useful, but don't know how much of it i'd use on a day to day basis. I can't test it out because like so many others can't seem to get the invite I signed up for...don't suppose anyone has an...
  2. Front driveshaft reinstall - 98 ranger

Hey guys, it's been a while, but winter is back upon me and I need to tackle getting the front driveshaft back in finally. I had replaced the clutch and bolted everything back in except the front driveshaft, and found reinstalling it an exercise in frustration and cusswords. It's the style...
  3. Ridiculous front driveshaft - 98 4x4

Hey guys, I have a 98 4x4 3.0. Just got done doing the slave and got it all back together minus the front driveshaft. It has one of those funky ball in cage designs at the xfer case and a ujoint in the front. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get this damn thing back in. Ive...
  4. Clutch died :(

Hi all, The clutch on my 98 3.0 4x4 died while driving. All of a sudden, it wouldnt go into third. Then I couldn't jam it into second either so i pulled off the road. I had just enough engage left after I stopped to jam it into first and move a bit, and then, the clutch pedal was free all the...
  5. What happened to Bobbywalter?

Did he change names? Honestly, of all my 7-8 years now on the board, he was probably the one member I respected most(no offense MAKG, AllanD, Will, or Jim to name a few). It's always sad to see an old timer go as many have, but he really knew his crap. Any input?
  6. Lifting the rear of a 98.

Hey Guys...I bumped the front up close to 2 inches...now it looks like a dog dragging its ass sometimes. I guess I need to lift the rear 2 inches as well. I've read a bit about options, but I want the EASIEST option(read: takes the least amount of time) or perhaps the cheapest. But not...
  7. Odd problem...

I've been working double time to get this truck perfect. Its a 98 4x4 with a 3.0. I just replaced everything from the block up and put 31's on it. It runs pretty much perfectly... However, put her on the expressway today...and in 4th gear...if you floored it(or even half floored it)...it...
  8. O2 sensor heaters...

I have a code for three O2 sensor heater conditions. I replaced 2 of them. Reset codes, and same three still throw codes. IS there an inline fuse or something i'm missing with these things? It's getting expensive and quite annoying tbh.
  9. Help me understand injectors.

This is my first fuel injected engine i've rebuilt. When I put it back together it ran like a miracle...next day I got two injectors on the passenger side bank leaking between the rail and the injector it looks like...and BADLY. Before I go ripping back into it I want to buy the parts... What...
  10. Testing for exhaust leak?

I'm actually hoping for an exhaust leak. I just got done building this motor, hooking it all up, only to hear a deep yet semi loud tap from one bank. My first thought was exh manifold leak. But it's not a small one wherever it is(i've heard the ol pressure cooker hairline leaks). Its almost...
  11. Vacuum line help please!!

Hey guys...just got the 3.0 back together...wouldnt run...found a huge vacuum leak( a port not being used). Its a 98 distributorless 3.0. On the rear driver side of the upper plenum there are two ports. One on the back that points straight back, and one more on the corner that points toward...
  12. Need quick answer from motor guru's

I've always been told that roller motors are pretty good about not "meshing" the lifter to the pushrod. On this 3.0 I've taken apart, I have the lifters and pushrods in order, but the rockers got jambled out of order a bit. None of the pushrods or rockers look wore...think it will be ok? Or...
  13. Part Identification

Hey guys, just ripped the heads off this 1998 3.0, first fuel injected engine i've ever torn apart. Not too bad, but not fun at all either. Anywho, have a few questions. Firstly, there is a long thin metal bracket that appears to come from the exhaust up and over to the plenum from the...
  14. A problem that has me stumped...

I have a 98 with the 3.0L engine. It has developed a misfire and the coolant reservoir tends to bubble when the engine is shut off(it may bubble driving, I don't pay attention much then :) ). Naturally I would think a head gasket. However, there is no smoke out the exhaust, the oil looks...
  15. Physics majors(MAKG et al) comfort me....

So, what can you tell me about the LHC from cern? I understand the concept, but am thinking it will fail horribly...probably just breaking the machine. But there is still that itty bitty chance it ends the world I guess. I know its all theory, but obviously enough of a possibility for there to...
  16. algae fuel?

Interesting... http://www.valcent.net/i/misc/Vertigro/index.html discuss....
  17. injector issue

Friends working on a later chevy suburban with a vortec 350(guessing late 90s). Will not start. Fuel pressure is fine. Replaced crank sensor and pickup. With a noid light during crank, light is VERY dim. Now, heres the odd part. If you spray ether, it will start right up and stay running...
  18. trying to fix bosses car

My boss has an 84 lincoln towncar/5.0. Told me it just died one day, wouldnt start but kept backfiring through throttle body. Naturally figured timing chain had slipped so ripped it apart and sure enough, wasn't dot to dot or even close. Installed new gears + chain, dot to dot aligned. No...
  19. 302 vs 351 valvecovers

i was given a motor that I was told was a 302. It has d8oe heads. Anyhow, it was ruined and i had torn it apart years ago. Now, i'm needing valve covers for my e7 heads so pulled the valvecovers from the d8oes...it has a sticker indicating a 1973 351ci. So I looked up gasket part numbrers...
  20. driveshaft...

Hey guys. I have the two piece rear driveshaft. The back ujoint gets ate about twice a year because its a hair too long and im thinking its putting a bind on it. Without having it shortened, is it feasible to knock about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the driveshaft spline piece or would that cause...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad