• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

That sounds nice but 93 octane gas is about $6 a gallon out here so that's just not going to happen unfortunately.
  2. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

Oh that's interesting. I'll check out what gears I have tomorrow. I will also talk to the guy that does the re gears and see what he thinks as he's done a couple hundred and can give me some specifics on how different gears will affect the driving.
  3. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

I agree I can barely make it up hills with my 31's and stock gearing. My truck is 4x4. You're happy with your 4:56 gears on highway and everything as well? The geography around here has the towns pretty spread out and connected by highways so I do a decent amount of highway driving. Also if you...
  4. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

More of a race truck than mine for sure. My performance mods currently consist of a K&N air filter. Hopefully that will change in the future. Thats interesting you get such good gas mileage. Does the JET Chip help you run at higher RPM?
  5. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

Thanks that's really good info actually. I think the only thing is that mathematically I would likely be at 3k rpm at 75 mph with 4:56 gears and 31's so above 75 I would obviously be above 3k rpm. With a race truck like your's that's no problem but I don't think its ideal for fuel economy. Maybe...
  6. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

Thanks for the response gaz. I'm pretty sure all the 4x4 models came with 3:73 gears so I assume that's what I have. While I do get pretty good fuel economy with the stock size tires for a 90's truck (20+ mpg), I do find myself downshifting quite a bit on even slight hills sometimes. I think...
  7. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

I do do a bit of freeway driving and I want to be able to take it on road trips sometimes. But you are right I do live in a hilly place. Maybe I'll split the difference and go with 4:27 so I squeeze out a little more torque and can still drive at 75 without quite maxing out the tachometer at 3k...
  8. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

Okay that's good information, thanks. And thank you for the chart as well, very helpful.
  9. Best gear ratio for 31" tires?

I am likely going to re gear my 1998 3.0 v6 for 31" tires and I am wondering what is the best gear ratio to go with? I know the typical gearing for 31" tires is 4:10 but as the 3L doesn't have much torque I was wondering if it is not such a bad idea to go with 4:56 instead. Only thing is I don't...
  10. Need Y pipe for 98 3L v6 Ranger

Okay will do
  11. Need Y pipe for 98 3L v6 Ranger

Yah I see that. Thanks for the offer anyway.
  12. Need Y pipe for 98 3L v6 Ranger

Okay for sure, thanks
  13. Need Y pipe for 98 3L v6 Ranger

Anyone know where I can get a Y pipe for a 98 3L v6 Ranger? I've checked the junkyard and online and haven't had any success. I ran over a rock and it crushed one side completely shut. I don't really have the means to cut and weld a new piece of tube on and the stuff I have found online either...
  14. Looking for a Y pipe for 1998 Ranger 3.0L v6

Anyone know where I can get a Y pipe for a 98 3L v6 Ranger? I've checked the junkyard and online and haven't had any success. I ran over a rock and it crushed one side completely shut. I don't really have the means to cut and weld a new piece of tube on and the stuff I have found online either...
  15. -

-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad