• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Beetlejuice

Driver Side Airbag Recall - Whats been your experience?

I am told by my local dealer that it takes multiple days to replace driver side airbag for the latest recall. Something about how pictures need to be taken, and then based on photos some specific parts will be sent by Ford after inspection of the photos. I dont know, something doesn't add up...
  2. Beetlejuice

Pro-Tips or Tricks re-sealing or installing new Fluid Inlet Tube (not dipstick tube) to Transmission

im trying to visualize this method of vice grip and channel lock plier but not quite seeing it (y) lubed the dipstick o-ring with some trans fluid
  3. Beetlejuice

Pro-Tips or Tricks re-sealing or installing new Fluid Inlet Tube (not dipstick tube) to Transmission

An update for future owners or anyone who's interested - I purchased a new Fluid Inlet Tube (Ford Part 6L5Z-7A160-A) and the outer diameter of the pipe that fits into the top of the trans is ever so slightly larger than my loose/leaky tube. I attempted to swap the new part in today but the...
  4. Beetlejuice

I figured it would be appropriate to start a new thread for the latest chapter in my "leaky trans" story in hopes I can get some fresh eyes. After further review, the "Fluid Tube Inlet" (the piece that actually connects to the Transmission itself and not the dipstick filler tube) has lost its...
  5. Beetlejuice

Leaky transmission pan & gear band nuts

More poking around resulted in a new lesson learned, do not pull the Stem / Tube Fluid Inlet (silver with red sealant pictured above) without a fluid drain pan below. About 1/4 quart came gushing out and managed to push the inlet back in to stop... I read somewhere that the fluid line was at...
  6. Beetlejuice

thanks for the link - it appears there are 3 parts in the assembly (not counting the dipstick itself). The question is now, what else is needed to seal the inlet tube? The red material might be good enough, but perhaps ford advises to use some sealant. 1 - Filler Tube 2 - Filler Tube...
  7. Beetlejuice

And since I cant resist poking around this morning.. I checked the main tube itself for holes using an LED light shining down the dipstick opening, there does not seem to be any light leaks there. the stem has a lot of slop though...
  8. Beetlejuice

some more info, I have not run/driven the truck for just over a week now. I only ran it last week after I changed the pan and gasket out again to cycle gears and fluid. I quite possibly have slightly under-filled the fluid as well. I think It could go another 1/4-1/2 quarts
  9. Beetlejuice

OK so thanks to the feedback and inspiration from this thread ive quite possibly crossed the transpan/gasket off the list of culprits. yesterday afternoon I went under and I stuffed a couple papertowels around the band nuts and ALSO the dip stick tube area. The paper towels definitely took up...
  10. Beetlejuice

these nuts are on order (y) Im guessing the trick is keeping the band adjuster still while the nut is backed out. same for when new nut is installed. its going to be hilarious if the source of all that trans fluid around the lip of the pan is the leaky band & nut. it'll at least feel a bit...
  11. Beetlejuice

Feedback received, no "stop leak" will be used. I'm a bit stumped now. I'll check on the band nuts, ill give them a bit of a twist to synch down tighter if I can. If the leak is above the pan and not a trans-pan/gasket issue I would 1, be surprised (it sure seems like an issue on the front side...
  12. Beetlejuice

Would it be worth trying out some kind of Trans leak fluid first? Blue Devil? quarter for scale - this is ~24 hours. not very deep here, just painting the foil tray
  13. Beetlejuice

DILLARD000 thank you for sharing, much appreciated... Welp here is the latest update... I went with the Fel-pro + Stock Pan (with flat mating surface) and I still have a leak, which appears to be primarily on the front end of the pan and mostly on the driver side corner itself. At this point...
  14. Beetlejuice

thanks for the tips... Ill be sure to check if socket is touching anything other than bolt head. I will note, ive been careful to use my inch-lb torque wrench between 90 and 110 inch lbs only, in criss cross pattern. I don't believe 110 inch lbs would be considered gorilla, ive read many...
  15. Beetlejuice

OK so a couple updates here... maybe warped trans side surface? my latest attempt is with the ATP pan and the LubeLocker gasket and still encountering leak. The leak seems to be coming from the front and front driver side corner of the pan.. but who knows maybe its just pooling up in this area...
  16. Beetlejuice

right the vent is on top, but the part of the metal tube to blow into is located where I circled right? or in that vicinity? find the metal tube opening on the ~front driver side of the trans, red circle and test for clogs by pushing air into tube?
  17. Beetlejuice

to confirm, this is the vent? should be able to blow air into this without issue?
  18. Beetlejuice

yes I noticed that the original pan that came with the ranger had a flat surface. the new OEM replacement pan AND the new ATP pan has this depression.
  19. Beetlejuice

thanks for the insight. If indeed clogged, do you Think I might be able to unclog by hooking up a fluid pump to the vent-side? Dislodge potential blockage? Is this a common issue? Any more traditional or reliable solutions?
  20. Beetlejuice

Hey all, seeking advise as I feel like I'm bumping up against my own personal DIY capabilities on this. Here's the breakdown and sequence of events. New to me Ranger was a bit damp around the Transpan, so I.. 1 - Dropped the pan (discovered a cheap gasket and also use of gasket-maker material)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad