• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.8 mystery

Work has kept me out of the garage. Finally getting to this now. You just saved me 20 bucks ranger1911, thank you. Which ones fit? Need to order another rocker cover gasket before I adjust the valves, chances it'd be alright reusing cork gaskets?
  2. 2.8 mystery

Got it. If the valve is sticking, that's likely due to carbon buildup or bad guides, right? I'll check the valves and update. EGR has been removed with duraspark, there's just a plate there and no corrosion. It's a healthy truck other than this damn roughness.
  3. Stalling issue I can't diagnose

On my 2.8, the vacuum advance is hooked to a different place, passenger side right under the choke. It could be the port its in now only supplies constant vacuum, but you need vacuum to increase with throttle. I might also be running a different carb, check your schematic. This doesn't seem like...
  4. 2.8 mystery

Wires are in the right place. I mixed the old plugs up as in not sure which cylinder each came from, although from what I remember it looked like at least one was running cold (prob 2 or 3). What I did to test if the wires were good, is I just rotated the wires around and checked if the misfires...
  5. 2.8 mystery

Thanks y'all. I don't think it's a vacuum leak. Different type of rough. Vacuum is decent and fairly regular. I'll try spraying some around the intake gasket though, just tested around the carb last time. Would be an easier fix than hg. Plus, it wouldn't be exclusive to the same cylinders. No...
  6. 2.8 mystery

Definitely no OBDII. Not sure about OBD. if the coil was bad, wouldn't all cylinders be affected? Plugs and wires are good. D cap is fine too. -and thank you for your service
  7. 2.8 mystery

HTG y'all, I've got a BII with the 2.8 that's giving me some trouble. It's durasparked with some older Ford two barrel carb and distributor. Here's the situation: Idles rough, but can hold an idle down to 6-700 rpm (set it to ~9 cause its stick). Starts right up. Doesn't smoke. Doesn't leak...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad