• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Well i haven’t been actively trying to sell it for 2 years. But thanks for the vote of confidence. The seats alone are worth almost $2k. So not really sure why you feel the need to troll my post. But anyways. Yes, it does need work, as i said. Leave it to any potential buyers to decide what it’s...
  2. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

PRICE DROP I NEED THIS GONE. COME GET IT. $6,000. OBO HEY EVERYONE. Truck is still for sale. Its been at a dealer lot for the past 10 months and i just haven't had the time to deal with all this. Truly i was just ignoring it cause i have a toddler and life is complicated enough lol However...
  3. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Hey friends! Long story short, still have the truck. Life has gotten away from me and after a few tire kickers i ran out of steam to sell. But just wanna put it out there again. She’s ready to go. Regretfully, i will take $8k. Really wanna keep it in the fam. Hit me up. Thanks
  4. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Car is being sold to independent dealer this week if no grabs Yes, still available. Going to an auto broker this week though unless someone jumps on it.
  5. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Was asking $10k originally, but will take $9k.
  6. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Yes, believe it or not. Had it stored at a neighbors farm for the last 6 months and just picked her back up, ran like a top for some good ole fashion dump runs. Interested? Bout time to get this baby sold.
  7. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Hey everyone! Yes - you are correct. It IS in fact a frankenstein Eddie Bauer. I wasn’t aware the interior was so much so as well. But it all flows so nicely. It feels like original manufacturer decisions. Price I’m looking for is 10k.
  8. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Can't even believe i'm doing this right now. But, wife and I have our first baby on the way, and we just need to get another vehicle thats more friendly to the infant-lifestyle; as i'm sure plenty of ya'll are familiar with. Long story short.. bought this truck from a dealer in illinois about a...
  9. Trouble starting. Battery not to blame, help diagnosing sound (video attached)

Thank you for the detailed response Ron! So i jumped the + to the s-post and here's the sound i'm getting. Interesting, because its neither of the expected sounds you mentioned, neither click, nor nothing. Its like a repeating click, sounds like something is engaging. But no need to explain...
  10. Trouble starting. Battery not to blame, help diagnosing sound (video attached)

Hey all! Just randomly my truck won't start. I hooked it up to a 6amp / 12v charger for 24 hrs and battery appears to be full and ready, i get all lights at full capacity but when i go to crank, i get silence and a bit of a crying noise? Any help appreciated! Link to video below...
  11. Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

Yep. Front is def stock height. Just looks a little taller, maybe due to the 31" tires. Basically I ordered new shocks all around, only to discover the fronts were too long ( I ordered 1.5" lift height shocks ) ... so that confirmed the fronts to be stock, so I've ordered stock height shocks and...
  12. Just started using A/C as it’s warming up, and noticing interesting behavior on belts / pulleys. Is this normal?

What brought my attention to it was when I’m idling and the A/C is on, i can hear a very prominent click and the idle drops, then click, and it goes back to normal. This doesn’t immediately happen when i press the A/C button, but only when the A/C is on. It looks like the pulley is seizing in...
  13. Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

Okay - I'm thinking about leaving the rear blocks & leafs for now, and just replacing the shocks all the way around and the front springs using a leveling spring kit. I just don't want a 4" lifted truck, just doesn't work for me. I'm really happy w the rear height, the front looks good to me...
  14. 88 Ranger Dash Speaker grill fitment issues?

Hey all! So I've replaced the rear speakers in my 88 ranger super cab. I know the dash ones need a custom bracket to fit new speakers, which I made, but nose of the tweeter still protrudes about 1/4" above the dash making the grilles not fit back into place. I was wondering, if anyone had any...
  15. Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

Good idea, will start there. As for shocks? Do i need a shock for extended travel? Any particular ones come to mind as a solid choice?
  16. Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

If I were to get the 1990 explorer Moog springs to replace the front, what shocks would be a good match for front and rear if i just keep the current blocks & leafs in? Or is that even a good idea? I dunno - just trying to get to a simple conclusion of how to handle this, and literally what to...
  17. Trying to identify my lift situation so I can replace shocks / springs. Pics attached.

Here's a pic of the truck from the side to get a feel for the lift. I think it's perfect. Looks stock +. I'm not going mudding or off roading probably ever. So this seems to add a healthy look, whilst just keeping it classy (minus whats going on beneath lol).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad