• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 lifters

Hi there I've got a 2000 ranger with the 4.0 in it. 4 months ago I replaced the lifters because I had one collapse, so I replaced them all and it ran fine for about 5,000 miles. Then about a couple of weeks ago it started to tick and the tick just kept getting louder from there on our. So I bit...
  2. Where to find a 4.0

Hi, there I was wondering if y'all have heard of any places in Kansas that sell 4.0 engines for a 98-00 ranger. I've looked at all the junkyards with in an hour and a half near me and no luck so I was wondering if any one knows of someone or some place in Kansas that has a 4.0 for sale. Thanks
  3. Lifter tick

So my 2000 4.0 ranger used to have multiple lifter ticks, but now after replacing all of the pushrods and rocker arms I'm just left with one lifter ticking from the sound of it, but what I find odd is that what you start the engine when it's cold it's completely quiet, once it warms up it begins...
  4. 4.0 push rods

Hi, does anyone know of a good company to get stock replacement pushrods for the 4.0 ohv?
  5. Drive Shafts

Here's the situation I have a 2000 ford explorer with a 5.0 and AWD and I have a 2000 ford Ranger with 4x4 and I'm going to swap the 5.0 and 4r70w into the ranger. Now I would like to keep the BW1354 transfer case and I know I will need the adapter plate from advance adapter and the question I...
  6. PCM tuning

Hello so I was curious if there was a company out there that could swap out the automatic transmission tune on my PCM for a manual transmission tune. The reason why I want to do this is because I'm swapping the automatic transmission out of my 2000 ford ranger for a manual transmission. I would...
  7. Adding PATS?

Is it possible to add PATS to a 1998 ford ranger? I know they didn't originally come with PATS but i was just wondering if you could add PATS and how difficult it might be? And if you can add PATS, would a PATS system from a 1999 or 2000 ranger work?
  8. 98 computer on a 2000 wiring harness

Hello I've got kind of a unique situation here. I'm in the process of converting my 2000 4X4 4.0 ranger to a manual transmission. It originally had an automatic. I happen to have a wrecked 1998 4.0 ranger with a manual transmission. I need to swap the computer on the 2000 ranger with the 1998...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad