• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Engine Conversion to get more tow power

Hey All, I am not sure if this is the right spot, and my apologies if it's not. I have a 1991 Ford Ranger Supercab (XLT) V6 3.0, and a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 OHV. If the engine decides to go in them, I want to do a swap with something that has more power to tow along with durability. I'm...
  2. OBD II Wiring Diagram

Hey All, I finally got my 2000 Ranger 4.0 OHV fixed. I broke down and took it to the shop.. Turned out to be a clogged catalytic converter. The Mechanic tried his scanner (on top of my Launch, Innova, and Actron) but couldn't get communication from the ECU (is what the scanner says). It won't...
  3. Potential PCM Issue with 2000 V6 4.0 OHV with EFI

Hey All, I wanted to get some input. Now that's it getting warmer, I'm starting to work on my Father In Law 2000 Ranger (again) so he can sell it to me. I had a mechanic friend come over, and basically put his hand over the air intake, then flooded the throttle cable and the truck somewhat...
  4. What all parts do I need for a strut and shock replacement

Hey All, First off, I'm still trying to get use to the lingo so I do apologize if I'm using the wrong name(s). I have a 91 3.0 V6, I want to try to replace the strut and shocks myself but I don't know what to really look for. Can someone give me the rundown of all part names so I know what to...
  5. Check list of a full brake job on a 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6

Hey all, I want to know if I am overlooking anything on doing a complete brake job on my truck (91 3.0 v6). I know brake shoes and rotors for the front. As for the back, I know drums, caliper kit, pads. As for someone that is doing this for the very first time on a truck (I've had sedans in...
  6. Wiring for Fuel Gauge in Dashboard

Hi All, I was just wondering what wire(s) coming from the Fuel Pump Assembly goes to the Gas Gauge in the Cluster Panel? The Gas Gauge basically just shows whatever it wants, I tried to manually move it to after I made sure the tank was filled, but that doesn't seem to work. The issue was...
  7. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

Hey Guys, So I got some questions on my Father In Law's Ranger. He has a 2000 4.0 EFI 2WD. Yesterday morning it worked fine, but yesterday evening it just dragged, then stopped on the road. It starts, but doesn't want to really move. We got it to the house and I took my OBDII scanner and...
  8. Dropping the drive shaft

Hey all, I got a 91 Ranger Supercab that the Drive Shaft Center Bearing gave out on. I got the part between the center bearing and rear off. Can I just unscrew the nut on the drive shaft and slip the bearing off? Or do I need to drop the driveshaft between the transmission and center bearing...
  9. Seperate Brake and Blinker on 91 Ranger 3.0

Hey All, This might be a long shot, but I figure I post and see if it's possible and how time consuming it may be (I got plenty of time lol). I have a 1991 Ranger 3.0. Right now the Brake Switch and Blinkers both basically operate on the brake light (as this truck doesn't have the yellow...
  10. Higher Output Alternator

Hi All, I have a 1991 Ranger Supercab with 3.0. I'm looking to replace the alternator with one of a higher amp/voltage. I'm wanting to do some modern technology in it. Since my local auto parts store only carries the standard 75 Amp, I'm looking for reputable online vendors. Just the names...
  11. 1991 Ford Ranger AC Missing

Hey All, The previous owner ripped out AC on my 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6. I know the AC line is missing, but something else is missing and I don't know what the part is called. Does anyone have a picture of what the AC system is suppose to look like under the hood by chance?
  12. Fixing Passenger Side Mirror on 91 Ford Ranger

Hey All, So I've attached some pictures of my mirrors, My driver's side isn't as bad as the passenger. If I lean my passenger mirror up to get it adjusted, it immediately goes back down. My driver's side does it too, but takes longer for me to notice it. I'm not sure what is in the mirror...
  13. Unknown Part.. Trying to idenify.

Hi All, 1991 Ford Ranger Supercab 3.0 V6 I was under my dashboard trying to troubleshoot my rear driver brake like. I was looking at the firewall of where all the wires come in and I saw that this connector was there, and there's a reddish-pink(at least to me) that looks like it was stripped...
  14. Driver Rear Brake Light Short

Hi All, I have a 1991 Ford Ranger Supercab 3.0 V6. I have an issue where the Driver's brake light won't engage when the pedal is pressed, but the passenger side does, as well as the headlight function and turn signal's work on it. I have 2 questions on this that Google doesn't seem to be...
  15. Transmission Jerking... Should I flush? Replace? or Something Else?

Hey All, I have a 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0. V6. It has the original engine and original transmission. I know very little on the mechanical side of cars (I deal with more electrical, I'm not great at it, but I'm learning as I go). I've been fixing more electrical issues than mechanical. Anyways...
  16. AC Panel Knob Wiring Diagram

Hi All, So I have a 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 2WD and I am trying to improvise on the AC Control Knob. The knob itself (that turns the blower on) is basically crumbling into pieces. I figure I just do a little upgrade to a 4 port switch. The issue is this though, I have a wire that goes into this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad