• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Maui-sprint

4.0 head resurfacing - maximum allowed?

1991 XLT extended cab 4.0 L 200k miles Auto-to-manual trans conversion Quick history on my issue: Got the truck from my next door neighbor back in 2016 for free. He had overheated the motor and blew a head gasket. I picked up some new heads and reused the valve train. Ran perfect for a...
  2. Maui-sprint

Which boot?

I need to replace the boot on my rear driveshaft. There is a split in the existing boot and its spraying grease. Shaft is from a 2000 extended cab 4x4 4.0L Cannot locate a boot online. The only one I found that comes close is a Spicer 212250X but all the info say its for 2002-2010 models (mine...
  3. Maui-sprint

Wanted Engine Control Module (ECU) 1991 Ranger 4.0 MT

I need an ECU for a 1991 RANGER 4.0 Manual Trans. Interested in purchasing OR I have the following ECUs available for trade: 1989 2.9 MT 1991 4.0 AT Will trade you the above TWO ECUs for your ONE. Lemme know if interested and will provide the P/N's.
  4. Maui-sprint

For Sale Ranger Engine Control Modules (ECU)

I have the following ECUs available, both out of running trucks: 1989 2.9 MT 1991 4.0 AT $50 each or will TRADE BOTH for the following ECU: 1991 4.0 MT Lemme know if interested and will provide the P/N's.
  5. Maui-sprint

Oil pan part # needed

Getting ready to do a dry fit of my 5.0 into my '89 standard cab 4x4. Did some measurements before proceeding and appears I will have interference between oil pan and axle pivot bracket. Pulled the motor from a 2000 2WD Ranger where it fit perfect. Was planning to use the Ricks Ranger motor...
  6. Maui-sprint

Wanted Manual BW4406 SOCAL area

Will be in San Diego next week in search of a transfer case for my 302 build. Truck is a 1989 short box. I have an electric 4406 already but it is a later model without speedo. Looking for a manual 4406 with speedo cable, I believe they came in the '97-98 F150s. Any leads appreciated.
  7. Maui-sprint

D35 Teardown - spring perch bolt removal

This is the bolt that holds the radius arm to the swing arm on a 1992 D35 assembly and also serves as the coil spring perch. Unless I'm mistaken, the plate and bolt are one piece? How do I remove this thing without completely destroying it?!?!?! I cannot locate a socket deep enough to use an...
  8. Maui-sprint

No spark when cranking. 89 STX 2.9L

Truck is a 1989 stx 2.9 manual trans. Just got truck. Wires and harnesses are in poor shape but was able to get it running few months ago then it sat. Go back to it and now wont start. On some tries it will begin to idle then nothing. Im getting 12V at coil red lead. Ground tested good. Not...
  9. Maui-sprint

SOLD! 1990 Ranger Custom 2WD 2.3L 5sp (Oregon)

1990 Ford Ranger Custom Standard Cab short bed (6ft) 2.3L 5-Speed Manual 2WD Solid Body. No rot. All original body panels (except tailgate). Had the original bench seat but swapped it with buckets from my STX (which im shipping back to HI). all glass good. Straight Frame. Good brakes...
  10. Maui-sprint

2.9L M5R1 swap into '91 4.0L A4LD 4x4 truck

I know that the 2.9 and 4.0 share the same bell housing bolt pattern. I would like to swap out the A4LD in my '91 4.0L 4x4 with an M5R1 from a 2.9L 4x4. Can I do this and keep my existing computer? What else do I need for the swap? Here is what I'm working with: 1991 Extended Cab XLT 4.0L...
  11. Maui-sprint

What year A4LD will work in my '91 4.0?

My tranny is on its last leg and needs to be replaced. Problem is in Hawaii parts are scarce. Truck is '91 4.0 4x4. I have lots of parts and many driveshafts available so I would consider going 2wd just to keep her on the road. My question is what years A4LD will bolt in and WORK? I know...
  12. Maui-sprint

2.3L ('83-'97) Oil Level Sensor - purpose?

The 2.3 in my 1990 2wd standard cab has an oil level sensor which sticks out of the oil pan. What is the purpose of this sensor aside from the obvious? In other words, what does the ECM do with this info? Does it illuminate an idiot light when level gets low, or does it shut down engine to...
  13. Maui-sprint

2.3L ('83-'97) 1993 Mustang 2.3 into a 90 Ranger (2.3)

I've done my research and from what I can tell, a 1993 Mustang 2.3 should be a direct swap into a 1990 Ranger with a 2.3. What will need to be kept/swapped from the ranger motor to the mustang motor to make this work? Kevin
  14. Maui-sprint

Is this frame twisted?? Need advise on checking out a potential buy.

I'm going to check out this '89 tomorrow. From the pics I was sent it appears the body lines between cab and bed are misaligned. Rear bumper is banged up pretty good. I'm afraid frame may be slightly twisted. Truck doesn't run so I cannot take out for a test drive to see how she handles. Do...
  15. Maui-sprint

Found! Project Truck: 89-92 4X4 Short Bed

In search of my next project base. Looking for a solid 2nd gen 89-92 4x4 short bed (108 WB). Would prefer a west coast truck but will consider anything at this point. Most important to me is a solid/straight frame and good cab. Everything else I don't care about as I have a donor 91 4x4...
  16. Maui-sprint

M5R2 Top cover modification

Long time reader of this forum. This is my first ever post. My project is a bone-stock 91 Ranger, 4x4, 4.0, Automatic. Will be converting to manual trans and installing a 5.0/M5R2/BW4406 drivetrain. The trans is from an early 90s Bronco (M5R2-F1TA-GC). As you know, the shifter location on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad