• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Maui-sprint

Driveline Fitment

Checking back in to see if you made any headway with the 1356 fitment? Have you tried clocking it yet?
  2. Maui-sprint

Erratic high idle help, please!

How did you do the PCM reset? I haven't inspected mine yet. Im down to three things: PCM, IAC, and replacing throttle body with a rebuilt unit. Im living with this now cuz I choose to spend my $ on higher priority items haha
  3. Maui-sprint

Erratic high idle help, please!

Im currently having a similar issue with my rig as well, however, doesn't appear as bad as yours. My truck will idle high when I come to a stop light or have it in neutral when warm. Idles at about 2000rpm. But not always! Sometimes (rarely) it will idle perfect around 800 rpm. So my issue...
  4. Maui-sprint

4.0 head resurfacing - maximum allowed?

I did not machine the intake at all when I got the heads resurfaced (0.010") last time. Is there a chart available with recommended corresponding intake machining depths? Does this mean I will need to use higher octane ($$$) fuel from now on?
  5. Maui-sprint

4.0 head resurfacing - maximum allowed?

1991 XLT extended cab 4.0 L 200k miles Auto-to-manual trans conversion Quick history on my issue: Got the truck from my next door neighbor back in 2016 for free. He had overheated the motor and blew a head gasket. I picked up some new heads and reused the valve train. Ran perfect for a...
  6. Maui-sprint

Driveline Fitment

How far does the TC need to move (toward passenger side) to eliminate all interference? Have you considered that option? Looking at the pics I'm not seeing how clocking it would help. It appears that clocking would bring the outer point of the TC closer to the upper flange of the frame...
  7. Maui-sprint

Driveline Fitment

Wow. Great pics. They really show a lot of what you have to deal with. I notice the front driveshaft is also offset more to the outside as well. I see now how moving the motor/trans about an inch to the passenger side would help too. You could probably shave that outer boss off (halfway...
  8. Maui-sprint

Driveline Fitment

Would be interested to know the outcome of the clocking. Is your 1356 a manual or electric case? Mine is a manual, so I would need to modify the shift linkage.
  9. Maui-sprint

Driveline Fitment

Have you fitted the BW1356 yet? Im curious to see how that goes. I have the same case for my build ('89 standard cab shortbox) but have not tried to install it yet. I will be going with an M5R2 for the tranny but TC clearance should be about the same between our trucks...
  10. Maui-sprint

Which boot?

I need to replace the boot on my rear driveshaft. There is a split in the existing boot and its spraying grease. Shaft is from a 2000 extended cab 4x4 4.0L Cannot locate a boot online. The only one I found that comes close is a Spicer 212250X but all the info say its for 2002-2010 models (mine...
  11. Maui-sprint

For Sale Dana 28 TTB & Ford 7.5” Rear End 3:73 gears LSD - San Jose, CA

My truck is disassembled right now getting ready to start rebuild in Jan. Engine bay is empty next step is paint prep. I have the 302 ready to go. Have trans (M5R2) and a BW4406 electric TC ready to go as well. Pretty much have all the parts I need. Plan is to swap running gear with my...
  12. Maui-sprint

Nicely done! you definately went through everything. It shows. Is it a 6" suspension lift or 4" suspension + 2" body? I see you added a one-pc driveshaft as well. Original STX with 2.9? I'm rebuilding an '89 STX as well. Replacing the D28/7.5 with same running gear you have except from a '91...
  13. Maui-sprint

Temp and tach after v8 swap

I plan to use a factory tach as well in my project. Was able to dig this up on TRS:
  14. Maui-sprint

Not interested in the running gear but was wondering what you replaced it with? D35 or SAS? Truck looks nice. any pics?
  15. Maui-sprint

Wanted Engine Control Module (ECU) 1991 Ranger 4.0 MT

Ive been focusing my leak tests on the manifold gaskets. Will give the throttle body a good going over and see if I can identify leakage there over the weekend. thanks!
  16. Maui-sprint

Its driving me crazy trying to figure this out. Im reluctant to replace the gaskets since I just did them a few years ago when I did the head gasket but that was before I did the AT to MT conversion. Plus the fact that it seems to idle lower when engine is cold. than when hot. If it were the...
  17. Maui-sprint

Ok, well IAC is brand new. It is NOT motorcraft or hitachi brand. Per description above Im getting a vacuum through the bypass when IAC is unplugged. Ive seen on other threads where you recommend a motorcraft or hitachi. I looked online and cannot locate a motorcraft IAC but I do see hitachi...
  18. Maui-sprint

Question: When the IAC valve is UNPLUGGED, is it supposed to close completely? because mine in not.
  19. Maui-sprint

Replaced MAF, MAF pigtail, O2 sensor, and fuel filter with NEW. Runs much smoother than before. I think the O2 sensor did the trick! However, its idling even HIGHER now: 2000rpm when stopped at traffic light. With IAC valve unplugged and idling in neutral, I am able to get it to ideal rpm...
  20. Maui-sprint

This weekend I plan to pull and inspect the plugs. Truck seems to be dieseling when going up hills. Is it possible vacuum leak could be between upper and lower intakes? Lower intake and heads? Or would a smooth high idle only be caused by leaks upstream of intake gaskets? I tried spraying...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad