• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sean4818

M5OD-R1 noise.

The noise is like a chirping sound whenever the vehicle is rolling. It can be in any gear and neutral with the engine off rolling and it still makes a sound coming from the transmission area. The transmission came out of a 92 3.0 Ranger with a little over a 100k miles on it and was swapped into...
  2. Sean4818

Distributor problem with my 2.8

I've seen this before. The fix was a new injector. If the injector sticks wide open it can flood the cylinder. Although in that case it should still fire up and just misfire on that cylinder. Just thought it was worth a mention. Best of luck to ya✌
  3. Sean4818

Its about time for this intro

1998 Ford Ranger Extended cab 3.0 v6 (Auto to Manual swapped) Rwd. Hello, my name is Sean Thompson. I own a 98 Ranger that has about 200k miles, and have done quite a bit to it over the last three years. For the sound system, It is all Pioneer besides the two 10" subs which are Skar. The only...
  4. Sean4818

3.0 Auto -->> 3.0 manual ECU

I'm doing a automatic to manual transmission swap on my 1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 auto 2WD. While doing my research about automatic to manual transmission swaps, ive come across the fact that the engine runs different for automatics than manuals. I was wondering what ECU I could use to make the swap...
  5. Sean4818

3.0 bellhousing bolt pattern.

1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 RWD. Just a real quick question😅 did they ever change the bellhousing bolt pattern on the Vulcan 3.0 V6 engine? If so what years are interchangeable?
  6. Sean4818

Help me pick an oil, should I/how should I switch to synthetic

I've been running Mobil 1 (fully synthetic 5w 30 high mileage) oil for about 3 years now and never had a problem. It says you can go for about ten thousand miles but just to be safe I change it around 6k-7.5k.
  7. Sean4818

3.0 Auto 2WD --> 3.0 Manual 2WD

Are the transmission supports for the automatic and the manual the same?
  8. Sean4818

Does the M5OD-R1 have solenoids?
  9. Sean4818

Thanks for the info!
  10. Sean4818

Hello! Ive had my 98 3.0 Auto 2WD Ranger (192k) for a few years now and I was wondering what I would need for a manual swap besides the transmission.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad