• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. danielp3344

Wanted 88-89 axle shaft and spindle, also seat tracks.

My 1988 broke the LF axle and chewed up the spindle and I can't find one for sale anywhere. Name your price. If you can possibly throw in a set of seat tracks that'd be nice too :P
  2. danielp3344

Axle broke - what happened?

So... I took my truck on a shortish (300 mile) trip yesterday, about 40 miles from home I was doing maybe 60mph on a long straight road when all of a sudden I felt a hideous death wobble and lost my front brakes (scared me pretty good). I carefully limped about a mile to a parking lot where I...
  3. danielp3344

Towing advice

OK, so it's looking like I might buy a new vehicle soon, and by now I've kinda phased out my previous truck (87 F150) so I could use some advice. The vehicle in question weighs around 3300 lbs, and could probably be towed on a dolly so that should only add a few hundred, it needs to be towed...
  4. danielp3344

Wanted Bench seat

Looking for a bench seat for my 88 ext cab. Doesn't have to look nice just work for sitting on, will trade for my 60/40s (mounting brackets rusted a bit but usable, pics incoming). I'm in MD but I travel around a lot, don't worry *too* much about distance.
  5. danielp3344

More 'trucklike' swap ideas?

I kinda said this in my other thread on the ford 300 but I'm looking for an engine that runs more like a truck engine should (the 300 being a pretty good example). I think I'm sold on an engine swap at this point with my 2.9 being kinda lame (and driving too much like a car). The only ideas I've...
  6. danielp3344

Bench seats in an 88?

So last week my drivers seat came completely detached from the floor when I stopped a bit short at a light... It had been kinda wobbly for a while but I had left it be, now it's pretty much undriveable (trying to manage gas and clutch while the seat is rocking back and forth really sucks). The...
  7. danielp3344

Ford 300 (4.9L)?

I've been daily driving my truck for a while and I gotta say it's not as fun as my F150 (1987, previous daily). Feels too much like driving a car, but doesn't handle as well. The F150 is on it's last legs due to rust, but has a perfectly good 300 I6 in it (the best gas truck engine ever). I'm...
  8. danielp3344

32x11.5R15?

When I bought this truck it came with a set of free but pretty much junk tires (215/75R15). I've been driving it to work the past week or so and it's been great except the speedometer reads high (reads about 35 when doing 30), and the gears seem kinda short (5 speed). It kinda feels like someone...
  9. danielp3344

Tach reading low?

So I finally got my speeduino working pretty well (hopefully I'll get a writeup on here soon), but I'm having a weird issue. I replaced the stock coil with an LS1 type coil with an internal igniter. I connected the dark green/yellow wire that used to go to the coil power to the igniter signal on...
  10. danielp3344

Starter grinding problem

OK, back in July I bought this truck. At the time the transmission had been removed to replace the infamous slave cylinder but the owner had given up and parked the truck for at least 3 years before I towed it home. Upon arriving home I installed a new slave cylinder, put fresh gas in the tank...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad