• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Blue 92

OHV valve cover bolt.

If you are near a Tacoma Screw I'd recommend going in there with one of your bolts and washers. The folks at the one near me are awesome and it's so much better (for me) than trying to find a part in one of the box stores. Usually cheaper too. Back when I had my Vanagon they saved my butt...
  2. Blue 92

New to the Forum! Just bought a 96 Ranger off CL!

Really nice truck Joe! Hopefully you paid a fortune for it or many of us are going to be kicking ourselves ;)
  3. Blue 92

I'm gonna buy an EV

There is an EV version of the Mini Cooper - not much room for hauling but probably a blast to drive around in.
  4. Blue 92

I just added Blue Tooth to my 93 Ranger

That's kind of cool - I have a bluetooth cassette that I plug into my factory radio that is great for music but the phone connection (audio in) is crap.
  5. Blue 92

I'm gonna buy an EV

Just had a thought - there is a gas theft thread and here in Washington stealing catylitic converters is rampant. Have those thieving bastards figured out what to steal on EV's yet?
  6. Blue 92

Allen keys, do they sell just the holders/ indexes?

I find those spring holders to be a PITA - Most of my loose keys were pulled out of them when trying to get into a tight space and later just thrown back in a drawer. This thread has me thinking though and I am going to make a standard and metric set on my son's 3D printer and assemble a few...
  7. Blue 92

Did i get screwed?

3.0, but I've heard it's got all the power of the 2.9, right? (And fuel mileage of the 4.0)
  8. Blue 92

Did i get screwed?

Well - it is a fast truck...
  9. Blue 92

Did i get screwed?

When I bought my Ranger I got a stack of receipts for work that was done, all with mileage documented. One of them was written wrong - either that or the guy drove 20K miles in 7 days!
  10. Blue 92

Stock bedliner mounting bolts

Duh, yeah, Thanks @Angie!
  11. Blue 92

Stock bedliner mounting bolts

@97RangerXLT, thanks for the LMC link - never heard of them before this. I downloaded their Ranger catalog.
  12. Blue 92

Headliner wet across front.

Thanks @Ranger850, I think I have an unopened tube of that stuff in the garage if it hasn't solidified. Do I have to grind out the cracks in the factory goop in the gutters or is it possible to get enough into the cracks as-is to do the job? I had a guy at a window shop help me get the...
  13. Blue 92

Headliner wet across front.

@dvdswan , you mention sealing around your windshield to stop the leaks - did you also have to do something with the cracked areas at the ends of the gutters? I've been living with not driving the truck in the rain, but son just bought a house and I need to be out in the weather
  14. Blue 92

Damn lugs.

If you happen to get the other piece out without damaging the fracture face and feel like it please post a picture of it. Most of the time a threaded part fails where the nut is starting to load up the threads (usually the first engaged thread) or where the thread transitions to solid shank...
  15. Blue 92

Damn lugs.

It certainly looks like that crack was growing for a while before it finally failed when you were tightening. Is there a chance you were driving around with some loose lugs? If you think you might have been I'd think about changing them all out when you replace that one.
  16. Blue 92

Damn lugs.

Yeah, rust is one of the things you see if there was slow growth, especially with carbon steel. The other thing you look for is a flat surface that has beach marks typical of fatigue. Here is a bike pedal that started cracking due to fatigue and finally failed due to overload, launching the...
  17. Blue 92

Damn lugs.

If you can and care to, post a clearer picture of that fracture face. Before retirement one of my jobs was doing failure analysis of bolts, and if I had a better look at the face I could maybe tell if it was a single overload fracture or the result of a crack that had been slowly growing and...
  18. Blue 92

Got pulled over for not using my turn signal

I got pulled over riding my bicycle by a county sheriff. My "crime" was leaving the bike lane to avoid tree branches and other obstacles that would have caused a crash - all the while looking at my rear-view mirror to make sure I was not going to get hit from behind. Sheriff must have been...
  19. Blue 92

Coleman Liquid Fuel

Just reading through this thread and thought I'd do a craig's list for Coleman. Never seen one of these but it's pretty cool https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/app/d/woodinville-coleman-camping-drip/7405908673.html
  20. Blue 92

My 1991 ford ranger 4x4

Wow, that's quite the find for the price of a used motor! Bed looks in good shape - why switch to a flatbed?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad