• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) CEL Code 222 and Partial No Spark Issue

Hey Folks, Here's an update for anyone else who may have similar troubles. I swapped the ICM (DIS module) and the code 222 has cleared! On top of that the truck now runs fabulously! (it ran okay before, but the power/response has greatly improved now) If anyone is curious about replacing the...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) CEL Code 222 and Partial No Spark Issue

Yes - I did know that much from reading the manual. What I was curious about is why 1&4 on exhaust side, and 2&3 intake side would both not be sparking. I have checked for continuity on the IDM wire (I believe it's #12 - the furthest "right" wire on the bottom connector of the ICM - tan/yellow)...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) CEL Code 222 and Partial No Spark Issue

Hey Folks! I been lurking for a couple months. I bought a 94 Ranger 2WD manual 2.3 just recently. It has ONLY 94k miles! It didn't run great when I bought it, but I've gotten it seemingly smoothed out quite a bit with some basic maintenance. (plugs + wires, trans oil, diff oil, O2 sensor...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad