• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dreaded PVH 4WD

So am I
  2. Dreaded PVH 4WD

No the lights do not blink they stay on I.e. when I switch to 4x4 low, the 4x4 low light illuminates steady until I move the switch to a different setting. Usually the proper light lights up in a second or two which makes me think the motor is turning
  3. Dreaded PVH 4WD

I read the owners manual and applied the proper shift procedure with no change in gearing
  4. Dreaded PVH 4WD

Well I do not notice any change in gearing when I shift to 4x4 low which I tried so it looks like a shift motor to start with. And yes, I don’t see this as an improvement over the good old manual shift lever!
  5. Dreaded PVH 4WD

Thanks for the replies. I do have a question about the shift motor. Is the fact that I am getting light changes I.e. 4WD / 4WD low etc mean the shift motor is operating or do they put those lights on the dash to amuse folks like me? I assume the dash lights are driven by switches in the motor ??
  6. Dreaded PVH 4WD

I am the proud owner of a 1998 ranger. Unfortunately the 4WD does not work. When changing the dash switch to to 4WD and back to 2WD the dash lights change as they should so I assume the shift motor works, since the switches in it shift. So I assume it’s the @$#% hubs. Took one off and it moved...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad