• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. M5R1 to M5R4 swap

I have a 93 Ranger 4.0 with an old worn out trans. Rather than having mine rebuilt I'm looking at putting in a reman. trans. I've found a couple of sources, with RockAuto having the M5R1 Also Powertrain products has one for my application. Does Powertrain put out a good transmission? Also I...
  2. 93 4.0 PCV valve

I need to replace my pcv valve, but the only one available from Any of the parts suppliers has two lines coming off at a 90 degree elbow. How are you supposed to connect that without kinking the line? Do you just have to run a long enough hose to ensure it doesn't kink?
  3. No Clutch

I have a 93 Ranger 4.0 with 5 speed transmission. I was driving along and I was shifting from second to third gear when my clutch pedal went down, but it was stiffer than normal. Not like it went all the way to the floor and the pedal would not come back up. I was concerned about getting off the...
  4. Regular cab versus Supercab

Are the doors interchangeable between regular and Supercab?
  5. Cruise control not working

I was involved in a accident recently where they hit my left side of the cab and drivers door. Both were pushed in several inches. Since then I have a problem with my parking brake, (hard to engage) and my cruise control is not working. I can understand the parking brake problem. Could the...
  6. Conventional to Synthetic switch

I have a 93 4.0 with just over 185,000 miles. Don't know where I heard it but heard years ago that it's not a good idea to switch from conventional oil to synthetic because of seals. I have been using a synthetic blend high mileage for quite some time. Is it true that there could be a problem...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad