• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tmr416

Overheating

It gets hot with the AC on. For most of my trip, unless I was cruising the highway, I would go oldschool and roll the windows down and keep the air system off AC and let it blow warmer to help displace hot air. I think it'll be worth it for me to do what you suggest and pull everything out and...
  2. tmr416

Overheating

Thanks for the advice about parts. Just called my local Oreilly's to see if they had thermostats and I'll check to make sure it's Motorcraft. I'll have to double check while troubleshooting to answer the questions you asked about if the fan is spinning or not.
  3. tmr416

Overheating

I went on a big road trip this summer from Seattle WA to Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado. My '99 4.0L had never had overheating problems until one day after playing in the mud in Jackson WY. I came down out of the hills and noticed at slow speeds my fan was louder than normal. Then, later...
  4. tmr416

'99 Passenger Side CV Slip

I recently converted my PV hubs to the Rugged Ridge manual hubs. When I did this I changed my CV axles, since my old CV axles were manufactured to have axle nuts on the ends. After I did the swap, I went on a big road trip (almost 5k miles). Toward the end of it, I heard a noise almost like...
  5. tmr416

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

Thank you! Very helpful information. I think I'll ultimately settle on 4.56's myself. Leaves room for 35's in the future? My diffs are open front and rear so I think I'll also start with one up front to help out. Overall I have lots to think about because I have a '99 so I have torsion bars... I...
  6. tmr416

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

Hey USCGC130 - love your build thread and your truck is sweet! Did you ever upgrade gears? If so, what ratio? I have factory 3.73's too and want to buy 33's. I plan to upgrade gears one day, but am just curious of your experience running them for a while with factory 3.73's. Thanks
  7. tmr416

'99 4x4 XLT 4.0 Manual

Hi everyone! Had this '99 for a couple of years and this year have finally gotten around to starting to make mods to the truck. Gonna post updates about my build here. I use it for going on camping/backpacking trips with my girlfriend and friends, but want to get into some more...
  8. tmr416

Help with leaf spring install

Thanks guys! This was really helpful. About to be done! Cheers 🍻
  9. tmr416

For this truck they’re lift shackles and I think it should do about 2 inches
  10. tmr416

Mike or Eric either of you ever run the bell tech’s and do you know if my pinion angle is going to be so affected that I’ll need shims or something to get it back down? Or will I be fine just installing the shackles and calling it a day?
  11. tmr416

Thanks guys! The ratchet strap worked for the first one. The temptation for beer was real, but now I think I can resist until I’m finished 😂
  12. tmr416

I’m installing new leaf springs and bell tech shackles on my 99 XLT 4x4. New to rangers, even newer to wrenching myself. I fought some bolts up at the front leaf spring perches on each side and instead of doing the install one leaf spring at a time (driver side all the way out, new spring and...
  13. tmr416

Lift/Shock advice for '99 4.0 4x4

I've scrolled through many threads, and I've read the Tech Libraries pretty carefully, but I still have some unanswered questions about my Ranger: I bought the truck Christmas 2018 with 193k on it. Now it's at about 205k. Previous owner put new KYB's front and rear in October 2018. The rear...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad