• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MojoWorkin

Axle swap by myself - Am I insane?

OK, kids - I've finally sourced a rear-end for my 97 Ranger 4x4. It's sitting in the bed of the truck, and I think I've hatched an ingenious (or delusional) plan to do the swap all by my bad-backed self. If I leave the wheels on and support the truck by the frame with the wheels barely...
  2. MojoWorkin

Explorer axle D4? At pick n pull now!

Hi if anyone's around right now, I'm wondering if an axle code D4 in a Mercury mountaineer will work
  3. MojoWorkin

Did I ruin it? *Now with pix*

For those who have not seen the other threads, I think I ran my diff low for a while on a long distance trip due to a leaky axle seal. I drove another 200 miles or so, adding fluid as I went. I now have a persistent groan, and I'm 85% convinced it's the axle bearing/seal which I am changing...
  4. MojoWorkin

Made it home! Did fudge my transfer case? (1354)

So I made it home in "FWD." Clearly my rear end is hammered. And now I wonder about the tcase. Before any of this started, I noticed switching from 2wd/4wd/4low was sometimes balky. Nudging it forward seemed to help. Visual inspection indicated no leaks. While creeping home, I noticed that...
  5. MojoWorkin

Stuck in Eureka, CA!

Differential is giving me the death rattle after losing an axle seal and I'm in a pickle. Going to fix it sell it or tow it. Dont know yet. I put ads in Craigslist for a shade tree mechanic or to sell it. (Humboldt Craigslist) Just putting it out into the world.
  6. MojoWorkin

That axel seal blew a gasket

The saga continues. Driving down from Seattle still, and mostly pecking at a CEL issue due to a vacuum leak and maybe a redneck EGR bypass. Running MUCH better. Anyway.... I'd also had a weary eye on a failing axel seal on the passenger rear. It was leaking, but seemed to be holding. After two...
  7. MojoWorkin

~Unlifting~ A very modest build.

Well, I bought it. Now What? Maybe I should have waited for a better fit, but the price was right and it seems like an interesting exercise in hands-on learning. We’ll see. Here is the goal: An around town beater truck that has some off-road chops for mild to medium backroad rambles. The...
  8. MojoWorkin

New to me 97 4x4 XLT. Bed size qestion.

Tripping up from the Bay Area to the Pacific Northwest to pick up my first Ranger tomorrow. Well, I get it on Sunday, but the roadtrip starts tomorrow. Anyhow, I don't know these trucks too well. Can someone eyeball these pics and tell me if that's a standard bed or what? I want to start hunting...
  9. MojoWorkin

What Hath God Wrought!?! AKA, look what is following me home!

I was looking for an Element. Then a Subaru. I flirted witih KIA Sorento's for heaven's sake. I just wanted to trade in the family truckster ('08 CX-9) for something a little more soft-roady for the weekends. It was all going to be so non-commital, so conventional. So - dare I say it -...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad