• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) CEL from lack of EGR

Wondering if anyone can help me with this: I swapped a 5 speed into my 93 long bed 2.3 ranger, and along with the swap I put in a ECU from a 93 or 94 5 speed truck. I believe my ranger never came with EGR because I don't see any wiring, and I'm missing all the EGR parts. A couple people on this...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 Bad Gas Milage

So I bought this 2.3 2wd long bed ranger over a year ago with the intent of putting a lot of highway miles on it. I spend the winter swapping the transmission to a 5 speed and now that its on the road this summer i’m noticing it gets really bad gas milage. I get about 18 mpg in the city and 18...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch Bleeding Issues After Transmission Swap

I have posted here about this swap before and have narrowed my issues down to the clutch hydraulics. To recap, I swapped my 1993 2.3 2wd ranger from an a4ld automatic to a m5od-r1 manual transmission. At this point, I have dropped the transmission 3 times trying to narrow down the issues. I have...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) 93' 2.3 Clutch Issues After Transmission Swap

I recently converted my 93' ranger to a manual from the a4ld automatic. I'm having trouble getting the clutch to fully disconnect. When the engine is on and I go to put the truck in reverse, it grinds. The transmission goes into gear perfectly when the engine is off. I am able to start the car...
  5. 1993 Tachometer Cluster Swap

I recently swapped my 1993 xlt rwd from automatic to manual and in the process, I installed an instrument cluster from a donor 93 that had a tachometer. I read somewhere that this should be a direct swap, however, the tachometer is not functioning at all. I tried tracing the tachometer wire but...
  6. Clutch won't disengage even with good pedal pressure

I am finishing up swapping my 1993 xlt 2wd from an a4ld to a m5odr1. I installed a new clutch line and clutch slave/throwout bearing. I installed the transmission, clutch plate, flywheel, and master cylinder from donor vehicles. I just got the clutch bled properly and the pedal seems to have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad