• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ronclark

90's Ford ECM/ECU Capacitor Plague?

I was watching Sarah-n-Tuned 94 ford ranger ECU problems. The Mega Squirt plug-in play swap is cool but really expensive, I am betting out of reach of a lot of members. I have been on this forum for years and I don't remember reading anything about the 90's capacitor plague on Ford ECU/ECU. Did...
  2. ronclark

Wanted First Gen Arm Rest

I am looking for a First Gen Bronco II Blue Arm Rest, that is in pretty good shape.
  3. ronclark

Need A4LD advice

I acquired my mom's 88 Bronco II 4x4 its needs a transmission the reverse does not work when it gets warm and going into overdrive kills all the gears for a good while. anyway, it needs a transmission. I am here in the PNW, Portland/Vancouver area to be exact. any recommendations on a reliable...
  4. ronclark

Wanted WTB A4LD for a 2.9L

I am looking for a A4LD for my moms 1988 4x4 Bronco II that's on its last legs. I am in Woodland,WA but can travel with in reason.
  5. ronclark

88 Bronco II A/C

I am working on my mom's Bronco II, I searched and I can't seem to find a solution for my problem. I think it might be the ECU. I can't seem to get power to the AC compresser clutch. I check the pressure switch it's closed, I have refrigerant. Fuse is good. When i push the AC button all I get is...
  6. ronclark

inexpensive caster/camber gauge?

In 4x4junkie article he talked about getting a inexpensive caster/camber gauge. were might i find such a tool?
  7. ronclark

Help with Mustang Engine troubles

I am having some trouble with my 94 Mustang with a 3.8L A few months ago i replace the heads after blowing a head gasket. Its been running great until a few weeks ago, on a long trip back home it felt like i lost a cyl. I pulled the codes I am getting P0305 ( Missfire on cyl 5) I pulled the...
  8. ronclark

What is with people theses days?

I found this afternoon someone broke into my truck, took my radio antenna, center console and the stuff inside took the worthless door speakers:icon_confused: there all torn up and don't even work anymore. just pulled the batter connections and the dome and glove box lights. I am glad the...
  9. ronclark

Factory Roof Rack install

I am wanting to install a factory roof rack on my moms 88 bronco II. Any ideas how to mount them? Thy seem to rivet nuts. I checked into some rivet nuts and thy cost a lot to get everything to install them. I called a few rack installers around town thy don't want to touch it. Call a Ford dealer?
  10. ronclark

Upgraded alternator, upgrade wiring?

I just upgraded my moms bronco II alt to a 130 amp 3G alt, and looking at the stock wiring. i am wondering if i should install some heaver gauge wiring from the alt to the battery. looking like on the wiring diagram it should be just a leg from the back of the alt stud to the battery. to me it...
  11. ronclark

A Weekend Kick off

My wife's car catches of fire, I am guess a battery or some electrical started it
  12. ronclark

2.9L Coolant Temp

Hey what are the expected operating temps for the 2.9L? I install a mechanical gauge in my moms Bronco II, because she was say its was always sitting at the top of the dash gauge. its a 1988 auto 4x4 sitting on 31's, new thermostat, 4.0L radiator. Its seems to get to 205* in just a few blocks...
  13. ronclark

Dana 35 Adjustable Caster Chart

Hey i lost my chart for my adjustable caster bushings, there 3 degree from napa does anyone have one i can get a photo of? I am in the middle of changing ball joints and I need to finish up tomorrow
  14. ronclark

Electric Shift Transfer Case Help

I am stumped i think. I am working on a 88 Bronco II with Electric Shift Transfer Cases. I when through the trouble shooting page. when i get to part 5 c i am getting 9v abit strange. and step 6 i get 5v again strange. I am thinking its a bad shift module, or did i miss something some were?
  15. ronclark

Gen 1 Clear side markers

I was wounder how much of a demand there is for clear side markers? I have seen kits were you can mold just about anything. if there is a demand, it might be worth making them. http://www.alumilite.com/Applications/AutoRestoration.cfm
  16. ronclark

Free-floating rocker?

I am getting ready to do a 410 cam in my 4.0L. While i am in there i am going to replace all the worn rockers. all in hopes to get rid of the ticking its makes in the valve train Does anyone make Free-floating rockers for the 4.0? and 2 is it worth doing free-floating rockers?
  17. ronclark

Any Willamette Valley Ranger Meets?

As the subject says any Willamette Valley Ranger Meets this year?
  18. ronclark

1 Gen Warn brush guard info?

I just picked up a Warn Brush guard of CL. i have the winch plate too. i just removed until i can relocate the licenses plate. Is there any info on it? like what how big of a winch i can install? it seems pretty stout, but not alot of space. I have some tow hooks i am hoping i can install on...
  19. ronclark

Cordless Tools Recommendations?

I am in need of getting new batteries for my aged 18v Dewalts, I got a lithium about 3 or 4 years back and there starting to show there age, replacements batteries are a bit expensive at 140$ each. so i start looking at other tools sets and it looks like i can get what i need from Milwaukee...
  20. ronclark

Help with A/C Swap

Today i got a A/C system on a trade. Its from a 94 Explorer R134a system, i found the problem why it does not work the evaporator pipe that goes to the dryer has fatigue and broke. I am going to replace the dryer/o-rings, orifice tube and evaporator. my questions are 1. Is there anything else...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad