• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HermanMango

94 2wd manual rear axle swap

Well thanks for all the input. I'll head to my local pick a part and look for any R or F Series axle from my year range. Hopefully I get lucky and can find the right gearing as well but I can always add that later.
  2. HermanMango

Thanks for that. The bigger my donor pool is the better my odds. When it comes to all of the other 7.5 or 8.8 axles out there are there any from other models that bolt on? I know people pull them from explorers, aerostars, and mustangs and such but I think they then have to move around the...
  3. HermanMango

The main reason I'm thinking an F7 axel is because of the charts on [this page]. I'm hoping that since it was a factory option I'll have some better luck finding one. What other changes have to be made to put in an R series (8.8) axle If I'm able to find one? I'm still reading into which other...
  4. HermanMango

Here is the door tag and the size of tires on it
  5. HermanMango

I've decided to get the best out my little ranger I'm going to need a new rear axle. It's a 4 banger and lacks power but after doing some research here I've found that my tire size and gearing doesn't line up. I just bought new tires while I was restoring the truck so I've decided to start...
  6. HermanMango

New Ranger Owner '94 5-speed manual 2WD

Just a post to say hi. I got my ranger from a friend of a friend. Bought it from an auction non running and no key. 78k miles. I'm an aircraft mechanic but don't have as much experience in automotive other than my personal fleet so another mechanic buddy of mine helped me get my Ranger restored...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad