• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JohnnyTang

Spindles

Hi I was attempting to do a front brake job on my 87 STX. After pulling the rotors off I discovered the spindles on both sides are trash. I tried to source them locally but no luck. Rockauto only shows the nut and washer. Randy's ring and pinion shows the same parts. This is for a Dana 28. There...
  2. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

Hello sir
  3. JohnnyTang

87 STX 2.9 to 4.0 swap

Yeah. Junkie talked me out of the swap.
  4. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

Fair enough. Thank you for the homework. I'll get started.
  5. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

Much appreciated. I hope the same for everyone here as well.
  6. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

L Lol
  7. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

Well you certainly gave more than I already knew about smaller engines. You sold me on an idea. I'm gonna put you on speed dial. If a fella was gonna look for an engine to build in the 2.9 family to fit my truck, what should I be looking for and what should I shun? Casting numbers and such.
  8. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

Okay, enlighten me. I'm not needing 500 ponys but.
  9. JohnnyTang

87 STX 2.9 to 4.0 swap

I was wondering what year 4.0 would basically bolt up to my tranny. I have the M50D transmission with the BW13-50 transfer case. I am not looking to do anything on the running gear until next spring. I wanted to get a jump on the engine work this winter.
  10. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

Do tell?
  11. JohnnyTang

Thanks and grateful.

Hi Thanks for letting me join. I recently picked up an 87 STX 2.9l. I have a million questions that I'm sure ill find more than one answer for them. This is my first time in a forum so I really don't know what the rules are. But I am a quick study. Please direct me towards getting info on an...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad