• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MaicoDoug

ATOTO S8 anyone?

Hey all- The ATOTO S8 standard with Android auto. I pulled the trigger on one of these 7 inch double din sized touch screen thingys. Has the fastest performance of all the "decks" tested. Comes with a 128Gb SSD. 4Gb with LTE. I won't use my SIM card in the darned thing but it flys. Works and...
  2. MaicoDoug

How to adjust the downshift set point??

Hello guys, I am a proud owner of a 07 FX-4 Level 2 with the 4.0 & 5R55E (I believe) and yes it is a pain to always have to punch it to get her back & going again after going through the many round-abouts around here. If only I could adjust the down shift point I believe it would be 3 or 4th...
  3. MaicoDoug

Ahh...Lug Nuts

Does anyone have a favorite brand or vendor to purchase a set of tamper proof wheel nuts. These are for my 07 FX4 with the large axles & the Alcoa wheels. It's about time to secure these dudes to where they belong. Mainly because I was (just the other day) at Best Buy the & the door man asks me...
  4. MaicoDoug

Interesting sticker..........

Sorry for the looooong link, and I am in no way responsible for the content, however I do agree with the expression...I think faceplant wants you to sign in to see what this person has for sale...
  5. MaicoDoug

Double Din Mounting Bracket for your '07 and other years Ranger and the ¡ EL LA CAMECHO DDIN Player !

After scratching my head some I finally figured out a great way to attach the sides of the DDIN touch screen to the front panel of the HVAC/Radio trim panel. 10-32 screws always work well instead of the 5mm bolts (if they came with your radio). Always use a small bit of silicone lube to collect...
  6. MaicoDoug

Premium sound without subwolfer? (2007 4 door FX4)

I was looking into what I have for a factory audio system after enjoying streaming into the AUX input, and of course wanting more. (it has 2 plugs in the rear of the dual din radio) Badly needing an EQ I may mention. I discovered that there is no sub. Just the 4 door speakers, with plenty of...
  7. MaicoDoug

Wont start when warm

Hi guys, I have a repeatable issue with starting. When this 2007 4.0L sits in the sun, sometimes the engine won't fire up. Cranks fine. Sometimes it tries to kick over slightly. If I keep the ignition in the "run" position in preparation for the second attempt, it seems to help it start. In...
  8. MaicoDoug

How to access the cigarette lighter wiring, and pop off that surround in my 2007 FX4 dash?

I saw the 2 screws below the radio, but I just don't want to break something attempting to muscle off that surround. Does it pop off? Thx -Doug WB1E
  9. MaicoDoug

Where to pick up a hot wire & how to fill in this big hole?

Hi folks, I'm currently attempting to install a exploder center console in my 4 door FX4. So far OK I guess, Just got it screwed down & solid. I'm looking around for a hot wire to run a few things. A 20 amp circuit would be nice. I have been sniffing around the fuse panel at the passenger kick...
  10. MaicoDoug

Bump Stops at Lowes

Hello everyone, I wanted to alert yall regarding some bump stops I found in stock at the Lowes hardware Dept in the drawers. (Check their drawers just don't sound right) Hillman PN# 881324 (1" x 3/4" x 1") & Hillman PN# 881322 (3/4" x 9/16" x 3/4"). These are glue on style w/ no holes. My cab...
  11. MaicoDoug

What are my options to find the correct floor mats for 07 level II

Help....I an seeing a hook on the floor for something related to a floor mat. With 100 million choices, I'm looking for the "correct" type that uses that hook. Any ideas? Please, no cute comments regarding tweety bird floormats. Weathertech (made in USA) prices will cut into my center console...
  12. MaicoDoug

07 level II YELLOW submarine

Hi again all, You all probably seen this in the into section. Looking forward to having this well used but not so bad looking FX4 Level II Ranger getting some upgrades. Starting with a set of Rancho 5000x shocks. Cheap $$. Don't know anything about these except the suspension really needs some...
  13. MaicoDoug

140,000 Suspension is shot, what to do next?

Hello all you ranger aficionados...... I am finally tired of beating my head (and body) riding in my newly acquired FX4/II. Before I surrender my truck to the 4WP salesman & techs, I wanted to know if I have a chance in attempting to save this truck from shaking itself apart. I do most of my...
  14. MaicoDoug

Ranger Windshield Logo

I need a new windshield for me 07. My local glass guy says that he can't find one (at a decent price) with the Ranger logo. Says if I want one, the price is $205 + a whole lot of shipping charges + what he wants to install it. His quote was $275 installed with one that does not have the cool...
  15. MaicoDoug

Blender Door Blues

Hello Ranger aficionados, As you all know this dreaded piece of ford engineering is designed to make you buy another truck, that is why we all have THAT one. The one with the bad blender motor and possibly a shredded blender door. (they don't shred, it simply ends up with a broken drive...
  16. MaicoDoug

Found another Ranger

I saw an '07 Level II in decent condition. The wife says "oh no, not yellow". It's sitting in my driveway now. W/144Kmi Basically the previous owner did a bunch of work, had the fuse box fire, including the passenger foot well & airbag fire. Still missing the cover in the passenger foot well...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad