• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Replaced exhaust valve, now no spark on any plug.

Changed my exhaust valve over the weekend. Slapped the whole thing back together, started it up and it ran for a good minute or two and then shut it off because I had to go to work. Came back from work tried starting it up it cranks and would turn over for like one second and then shut off over...
  2. Please help, valve troubles on my brand new remanufactured motor!

Hello my name is Tommy, I have a '98 ranger XLT 3.0L. very very very long story short, I bought a remanufactured motor from powertrain products in Maryland 2 years ago. My neighbor who's a mechanic for the city of Philadelphia and myself put it in. 817 miles later a rod came through the block...
  3. Please help before I burn my truck. 3 years of P1131 is enough!

Hey so a really loooooong story but the short version is this: I have a 98 3.0L with 900 miles on it because I installed a remanufactured engines myself after the first one blew a pushrod through the block and the second one (installed by a mechanic who didn't crank down 19 different bolts that...
  4. Pleeeeeeease help

I have been looking for 3 months for valve head covers for a 98 3.0L M/T and have found nada. Ford says their discountinued and all the references they gave me no longer sell them. I'm leaking oil out of mine so if anyone knows anywhere on earth I can get them, please let me know! Thank you in...
  5. Wanted Valve head cover (passenger side) 98 3L

Looking for driver side or both. Ford can't get them anymore and I can't find them ANYWHERE online
  6. Please help with camshaft synchronizer!!

So I've read about 100 times that when replacing the camshaft synchronizer use the "special" alignment tool and all that. That's great and all IF your old one was assumed to be placed correctly. What I can't find anywhere is an article explaining from scratch. Once you have the engine at TDC...
  7. Ford Ranger engines and where to buy them?

I know there is a place in NJ right outside Philly that sells rebuilt engines for around $2600. The forum site I first read about them on is no longer online. Does anyone know the name of the place or Anywhere in the PA, NJ, DE area that sells engines at a reasonable price? There should be a...
  8. New motor or fix what I've got

I have a 98 Ranger that over the last year has started leaking oil to the point where I'm putting 5 liters in a week. I had saw on another forum called ExplorerForum about a company that sells rebuilt engines in NJ for like $2600. Does anyone think it's worth trying to fix the oil leak or do I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad