• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dashhho

Static noise after install

I installed a headunit+amp and the sound comes through ok but when there is no sound on there is an pretty loud static 'whitenoise' sound. Even with volume set to the lowest it can be on the headunit. I am running RCA's from the headunit to the amp for signal. I used the amp on a previous...
  2. dashhho

water getting into cab

My floor carpet is wet behind the passenger seat where the jump seat is. I am thinking water is getting past the door weather stripping, is there any other ways this can happen?
  3. dashhho

rear main replacement

I have a constant leak somewhere. So far it seems like I am losing approx a quart every 2-3ish weeks. I have not got it into the garage to check where it is coming from but the drip is from around the oil pan drain plug. I am guessing it is the rear main at worst case. Has anyone replaced the...
  4. dashhho

ultra power parts

What are the opinions on these 'name' parts that rockauto sells? In some cases are they are significantly cheaper than name brands. The description states "Ultra-Power products come from a variety of sources including re-packaged, well-known brands and ISO/TSO/QS certified overseas factories...
  5. dashhho

Slamming into 4wd

05 B4000 4WD. auto hubs. 240k kms on truck. Has fresh fluid change about 20k kms ago Recently I have noticed the tcase roughly activating into 4wd. Once when I was trying to get unstuck in the snow I shifted into 4HI and waited about 10 seconds then gave it some gas..noticed only rear wheel...
  6. dashhho

rim makeover

Any ideas on how to give these rims a second life. My first idea was to strip the clear and sand them up nice. then hit them with some black paint. Any easy ways to strip the clear and deal with the corrosion?
  7. dashhho

noisy lifter?

Well after putting 30k kms on my B4000 (4.0 SOHC) it has started to tick. The engine has about 230,000kms. The previous owner did religious oil changes and I have done my own (usually every 5-7k kms, full synthetic 5w30 with MasterCraft filter). The tick happens only when hot and is especially...
  8. dashhho

steering pump noise

My truck has always had a power steering whine since I got it. From reading around it seems most deem this normal. Recently I have noticed more of a shuttering of the pump when turning the wheel at a dead stop - it is definitely not a whine. It is accompanied by a stiff wheel. It doesnt do it if...
  9. dashhho

free AC compressor

my friend gave me a free ac compressor from a truck in his yard. The AC looks in great shape but it looks like the lines were disconnected for some time and I can see some dust/dust has gotten inside the unit. Should I try it? Can I clean it out?
  10. dashhho

Bear vs B4000

He started it...I was going 100kph down the highway. I hit him and then ran over his head and neck (said the witness). The bear stumbled for a few minutes but then walked off into the bushes. How does the damage look to y'all? I drove it home and I am not sure if they would write it off - I...
  11. dashhho

cluster

I'm not sure what caused the streaks but something has perm stained my cluster plastic? So far I have tried washing it with soap/water, simple green, and buffing it with some toothpaste. The toothpaste buffed out some haze....making the splotches more noticeable. Any ideas? I don't like to...
  12. dashhho

whats that noise

I decided to put fresh 5w30 in the mazda and start it up after not driving it for a few months. I dont remember hearing the tick before, it is comming from the top of the engine. Is it a concern? https://anchor.fm/jon-rollins/episodes/engine-goes-tik-tik-e18aud3
  13. dashhho

Rear bearings on their way out?

I was checking out my drums today and noticed some vertical play in the axle. The drivers was quite a bit, the passenger side was less but still noticeable. I'm guessing there shouldnt be much play if any? The seal seems to be holding at this point as there is no diff oil leaking yet. I'm...
  14. dashhho

3rd gen 4.6L v8

A guy not too far from me is parting out his 2002 Eddie Bauer exploer with the 4.6L v8. I think this can bolt up to my 2005 B4000 4wd with an adapter to the TC? Also not sure about the wiring but it sounds like it would not be as plug and play as 01 and previous explorer 5.0L V8 swaps. Is there...
  15. dashhho

used vehicle inflation

I am in Kanadia but was wondering whats going on elsewhere. Used trucks here are pretty inflated. A guy was selling a '09 Ranger 4.0L sport 4x4 with 30,000km for $17,000 canadian rupies.
  16. dashhho

Tailgate handle lock

I swore that I had seen one...10 years ago? My hunch is they never really worked and why they stopped making them. My tonneau cover locks underneath so you have to open the tailgate to release it.
  17. dashhho

oil pressure timing tensioner brand

Rockauto does not have any motorcraft oil pressured timing chain tensioners. What is the verdict? Do I need to go to my local Ford dealership to get these suckers? Or are the aftermarket okay?
  18. dashhho

Power windows. Or should I say stationary windows

When I bought my truck the passenger window switch did NOT work. I could open the pass window from the drivers switch so permanent child locks was okay with me. Now my drivers window is struggling to operate. It takes a few presses but it will eventually go up/down...something is having a hard...
  19. dashhho

Is it toast?

Well I am pretty ticked but maybe I am rushing to conclusions a bit. I just did a ~2000 mile trek across the country in my '05 B4000 4WD. I went to pull the plastic flaps out of the wheel well today to see where the 02 senors were and I seen a bunch of oil thrown around the the lower control arm...
  20. dashhho

Shall one replace o2 sensors?

my '05 B4000 has 140k miles on it. It runs okay, alot better now that I put in motorcraft plugs and wires as the previous owner used NGK!! How do the ranger gurus feel on o2 sensor replacements. Do they need to be done if no codes are thrown? Is it really preventative maintenance or will they...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad