• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dashhho

Looking to buy a Bronco II....

How do you still have smog testing on vehicles theses days in the USA? In Canada we basically have come to the conclusion that the largest % of vehicles on the road are newer and so they have had fairly very strict laws for emissions from the factory. Why waste time and resources asking Tim in...
  2. dashhho

What did YOU do today?

How good are those U-Haul car haulers? I plan to tow a 1998 k1500 parts truck on it about 800 miles. The parts truck has no brakes (ebrake was even cut out).
  3. dashhho

Update on limited slip and posi differentials

When I bought my B4000 the owner had just put on Michelin Defenders. So I got the truck with new defenders. Wow those tires were tires. Great in wet/dry/snow. They are quiet and wear well.
  4. dashhho

January 2024 Ugly Truck of The Month - Voting!

I wish we had a better view of bobby's. One from the side. I feel like it would look uglier then. This pic is like when girls use their 'good angle' in their social media profiles.
  5. dashhho

Mice in heateer

My strategy is to trap them away from where I dont want them. So usually a random shed. This will bring mice to where you don't care. I don't think you should trap them in your house or in cars unless you know they are there or it will potentially draw more mice in. Bucket traps seems to work...
  6. dashhho

What’s for dinner tonite!

Gump do you ever have issues cooking the potatos at the same rate of the rest of the meal?
  7. dashhho

Oil filter size

I'm not too worried about the smaller filter they put on. more worried about paying $70 for the oil change. And that is for conventional oil. BTW Canada price.
  8. dashhho

water getting into cab

Well i managed to fix the leaky third brake light. I hope that is the culprit and there is not another leak somewhere else. Good news going forward is I can now pull the interior out very fast....if I need too again.
  9. dashhho

Static noise after install

So I moved the power cable as far as I could from others (not that it was really close though). I also moved the RCA's away from the speaker wires. And ran them as far away as I could. I moved the ground closer to the amp. And now no noise!! I am not sure which one 'fixed' it. Thanks for the...
  10. dashhho

They are shielded...I think. Look more than just speaker wires.
  11. dashhho

I installed a headunit+amp and the sound comes through ok but when there is no sound on there is an pretty loud static 'whitenoise' sound. Even with volume set to the lowest it can be on the headunit. I am running RCA's from the headunit to the amp for signal. I used the amp on a previous...
  12. dashhho

water getting into cab

Makes sense Franklin. The foam gasket in the 3rd brake light is completely flat and not sealing. I think I will try and find a foam similar thickness and make my own gasket.
  13. dashhho

water getting into cab

I cant find any butyl rope in canadiana. Does it go by other names? Any thoughts on alternative options? EDIT: I can find it online but not in local stores it seems. PITA. I may have found some sold in a kit 'Universal RV Vent Installation Kit, with Butyl Tape'.
  14. dashhho

water getting into cab

My floor carpet is wet behind the passenger seat where the jump seat is. I am thinking water is getting past the door weather stripping, is there any other ways this can happen?
  15. dashhho

Travelling to Canada next week, any tips?

From what i remember they eat it cause it has lots of nutrition still in it. Their digestive systems are trained to run fast as they are trying to keep light to fly. So the food goes in and out fast and they cant digest every-bit.
  16. dashhho

Travelling to Canada next week, any tips?

Weed is legal.
  17. dashhho

rear main replacement

I have a constant leak somewhere. So far it seems like I am losing approx a quart every 2-3ish weeks. I have not got it into the garage to check where it is coming from but the drip is from around the oil pan drain plug. I am guessing it is the rear main at worst case. Has anyone replaced the...
  18. dashhho

ultra power parts

What are the opinions on these 'name' parts that rockauto sells? In some cases are they are significantly cheaper than name brands. The description states "Ultra-Power products come from a variety of sources including re-packaged, well-known brands and ISO/TSO/QS certified overseas factories...
  19. dashhho

Slamming into 4wd

05 B4000 4WD. auto hubs. 240k kms on truck. Has fresh fluid change about 20k kms ago Recently I have noticed the tcase roughly activating into 4wd. Once when I was trying to get unstuck in the snow I shifted into 4HI and waited about 10 seconds then gave it some gas..noticed only rear wheel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad