• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Manual swap insight

He said the engine bay wiring harness.
  2. Manual swap insight

I really didn't want a 5.0
  3. Manual swap insight

This is my summer project I'm pretty much doing it myself. I know quite a bit about it however I am learning more as I go
  4. Manual swap insight

Okay now I'm really confused LOL. My truck is at 85 Ford ranger it's a 5-speed 4x4 and it's lifted. I want to buy a 1990 bronco 2 for $400 for the 302 that's in it and the zf5 transmission that's in it. He said the engine bay wiring harness is not there somebody already bought that. Can you tell...
  5. Engine swap

Okay so I found a 1990 Ford bronco with a 302 and a zf5 transmission. I'm putting it in my 1985 Ford ranger 5 speed 4 wheel drive. Should it be an easy swap or will I have any problems?
  6. Engine swap

I'm getting ready to put a 302 in my 1985 Ford ranger. It is 4x4 and manual transmission. I was wondering does anyone know what type of transmission I need to get. I was told the original one won't be able to handle the torque in the 302.
  7. Tra.nsmission

I'm looking into putting a 302 motor in my 1985 Ford ranger 4x4 standard and it has a lift on it. What is the best compatible transmission to go with the 302 motor? Also I've heard that headers will not enough clearance for them.
  8. Wanted Distributer

Where can I get a distributor for a 1985 ford ranger v6 2.8 duraspark
  9. No spark

I'm going to replace the distributer and the pickup coil. Does anyone know how to mark it so I don't throw the timing off?
  10. No spark

Its been converted to the duraspark so the pick up coil is in the distributer
  11. Pickup coil

Ok so I'm trying to replace the pickup coil in my 85 ranger v6 2.8 duraspark. I'm trying to pull that round paddle looking thing out with 2 pry bars but it won't come out n I'm afraid I will break it. I really need help
  12. No spark

My 85 ranger wasn't getting any spark. I put new coil, plug wires distributer cap n rotor and it started right up, ran for 10 mins then died and won't start. I'm thinking the pickup coil inside the distributer. Any other ideas would be appreciated. I hope this works. I will put it in today.
  13. No spark

Hi everyone, so I got the lower rear thermostat housing taking care of, no leaks. The truck was sitting for about 3 weeks, ran fine when I parked it. Went to start it, battery was dead. Bought a new battery and it cranks really slow and no spark from any of the spark plugs. Replaced the coul...
  14. I need help on a part!

I have the exact same problem same part number. I've been searching for a month can't find one. My truck is useless n junk without it, good luck. If u find one please let me know
  15. Rear thermostat housing

This is the set up I have for the thermostat.
  16. 1985 ranger

Thank you for your reply. The thermostat as you can see in the picture is located in the bottom radiator hose. The front housing bolts go through the waterpump and bolt onto the rear housing as I call it. It's almost impossible to get behind there to put a bolt and nut on. I had already thought...
  17. 1985 ranger

The thermostat is located in the bottom hose and it bolts through the waterpump and through as I call it a rear thermostat housing. I'm trying to send a pic.
  18. 1985 ranger

19. Rear thermostat housing

Does anyone know of any other year or vehicle that has a rear thermostat housing like my 1985 ford ranger has. I can't find one anywhere. Not at a junkyard or online. I really need one thank you
  20. Lifter noise

I would really like to do a valve jib but have never done one. It's really really loud. So until I can swap the motor or get qet a valve jib done I would like to quiet them tempory w seafoian or ? Udk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad