• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. facemaze

2.3L ('02-'11) Ignition Coil Blues

2001 2.3l RWD DOHC I recently swapped out my plugs, wires and coil. The new coil was a motocraft. The truck ran horribly, so i reinstalled my original NGK, The truck was running perfectly, so I got a new NGK coil and installed it. The truck wouldn't even turnover or it would go to try and make...
  2. facemaze

Seeking Balance from the wise.

well it’s been aligned at 3 different shops atleast 6 different times by a range of ages. But please explain this jounce thing so I can make sure it’s done next to me I go in.
  3. facemaze

I’m not sure. I have not messed with the column or box. The steering wheel likes to sit at rest, with wheels pointing straight, slightly turned to the right at about 1 o’clock.
  4. facemaze

2wd coil and leaf. Over the last year or so ve swapped out the entire front suspension, body mounts, and swapped in a newer differential. I have NOT replaced the leafs....yet. Rewind to before all this. The truck would pull to the right significantly like the alignment was super bad. Fast...
  5. facemaze

Passenger Air bag Switch?!!

@RonD i read that. I bet I can hook it up to a toggle switch. Thanks
  6. facemaze

What doesn’t @RonD know
  7. facemaze

I feel like I’d just turn it on and forget it regardless. Could I bridge the connection or swap it for the new weight sensor? I just really really wanna do away with the whole assembly. So I can save space for my console and radio setup I’m working on.
  8. facemaze

I’m flashing code 25. I’d love to be able to turn on the passenger air bag and remove the entire switch assembly. Is that possible? Why would it give me a choice?!?! thanks in advance.
  9. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

@RonD thanks for all the help. It’s up and running smoother than it ever has.
  10. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

@RonD Well i gave the IAC a good cleaning and replaced the throttle body gasket. took it for a test drive and there were no issues with the rpm's. it acted as normal. However my temp guage on the dash stayed very low and the bluetooth oed scanner said my ECT was -40 c. Got home and ran a test...
  11. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

@RonD just did the drive without IAC and had no problems with the rpms dropping upon engaging clutch. could this mean the IAC is bad?
  12. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

I’ve changed a PCV and yes it’s a pain. I did change mine last year or so. Ill give the IAC a try again.
  13. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

@RonD thanks for the heads up on the CHT. I had some raw wire on wire action above the sender. I wasn’t able to get the truck started for a drive with the IAC removed as you suggested. Maybe I missed something. after I patched the wires, I took it for another test drive. I behaved much better...
  14. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

ok. I unplugged the iac connector. It dropped to 500rpm. Plugged the hole and cleaned throttle valve. to it for a test drive. Problem still persists. When I push the clutch in the rpm rise and hold even if stopped. Then at a random moment the rpms drop to 1100 for a minute or so before falling...
  15. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

I removed the IAC connecter and it dropped to 500. I also found a small leak. Plugged it but it still sounds like a leak somewhere.
  16. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

Just to be clear, “warm up” is normal operating temp or just above C?
  17. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

Thanks. Got an extra tank and I don’t have to buy spray!!
  18. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

And you listen for the spike in revs like the carb spray?
  19. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

Propane?!? Really?!?!? Cool
  20. facemaze

TOO MANY REVS!!!!

Carb spray?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad