• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TexasDuck66

2.9L JBA Header Installation.

I see, I run Stage 8 on my 94' Camaro with Kook's Headers as of now since last October. I wanted those headers powder coated/cleaned up and looking nice because they were ugly. I take this truck to shows and opening the hood to have ugly rusty headers just doesn't sit well with me.
  2. TexasDuck66

For newer models, I've seen people take the front tires off along with the fender liners to help with the install. Would that be a good idea for my truck? I'm pretty confident I could do it.
  3. TexasDuck66

What's up! About a month or two ago, I was able to score on a set of JBA 2.9L Headers to install on my 88' Ranger XLT 2.9 4x4 '5 Speed. Dropped them off last week to get cleaned and powder coated so they would look brand new and just got them back today. As you can tell, they came out great...
  4. TexasDuck66

2.9L JBA Headers and Exhaust Setup

Gotcha, if you have any videos of it, send them my way.
  5. TexasDuck66

Any chance you have some videos of it?
  6. TexasDuck66

Hi there, I finally scored on a some JBA Headers along with a Y-pipe for my 88' Ranger XLT 2.9 '5 Speed 4WD. I do not tow or race this truck. I drive it on a nice day or on the weekend so I think a 2.25in single out the back would be best for my application. I did have the thought of doing...
  7. TexasDuck66

1988 Ford Ranger 2.9L 4x4 '5 Speed Restoration Project.

Just saw this now, sorry for the late reply. I was able to buy the Radiator off of Ebay.
  8. TexasDuck66

Time to vote for the March Truck of The Month

I'll definitely be entering for next month. The picture that was used wasn't the best one and it's outdated as of now. When I enter in March, I should have my factory STX Rollbar powder coated and installed!
  9. TexasDuck66

March 2024 Truck of The Month (TOTM) Nominations

Kick ass truck man! Reminds me of the 83' I sold last year.
  10. TexasDuck66

March 2024 Truck of The Month (TOTM) Nominations

Thank you so much man! I actually just finished up typing a build thread a little bit ago that gives some more info on my truck. Thank you again!
  11. TexasDuck66

1988 Ford Ranger 2.9L 4x4 '5 Speed Restoration Project.

Hi there, my name is Shane and I have been a member since 2020. I have owned approximately one 89-92 Ranger and four 83-88 Rangers. My passion/itch for Rangers started back in June of 2020 when I got my first truck in high-school which was a Green Single Cab 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0 Automatic. Miss...
  12. TexasDuck66

Tommy Morana Twin Throttle Body HELP

Yes sir I did although I did not do the work myself. I had friend of mine do it for me. I bought this truck out of Fredericksburg, VA. Truck was a typical "Owned by a Grandpa" and was religiously maintained. The interior is immaculate and was preserved because of the window tint. Had right at...
  13. TexasDuck66

I see, to be frank with you, I haven't had much experience with the 2.9L and have only owned this truck since last August. I had a brand new paint job and some body work done and just got finished up back in December. The truck had 106k miles and I'm almost to 110k so haven't had a lot of seat time.
  14. TexasDuck66

Gotcha, I've looked into the Scorpio stuff. Not sure if you're familiar with the Tuneport engines in the 3rd Gen F-Body's but the long runner design gave those engines a shit ton of torque in the low end/mid range. Not saying the Ranger 2.9 has Tuneport Injection but the long runner design that...
  15. TexasDuck66

Found! 2.9L Cologne Headers WANTED

Oh wow! I probably won't need the crossover pipe. I had the intention of doing true duals with an X Pipe. How much would you want for the Borla or the JBA?
  16. TexasDuck66

Not really sure honestly, depends on the condition and how much the person is asking.
  17. TexasDuck66

Think I remember you telling me about it on a old post I made that went dead. Hence why I made a new one. I did test a 97' earlier 4.0 header gasket and they lined up pretty much the same. Why specifically a 98+ 4.0?
  18. TexasDuck66

Hi there, been searching for a set of headers to replace the awful logs on my Extended Cab 88' Ranger 2.9L 4x4 '5 Speed and I still haven't had any luck. Does anyone have a set they would sell? JBA/Pacesetter or any brand would work for me.
  19. TexasDuck66

Hi there, I bought a all original and very well kept Extended Cab 88' XLT 4x4 2.9L '5 Speed with 106k miles last year in August. Truck runs great without any issues and still does now. I've been in the Ranger game for a while now and know the 2.9 Cologne is not very popular and aftermarket...
  20. TexasDuck66

4.0 Headers on a 2.9?

Hi there, been struggling to find a set of 2.9L headers for my 88' Ranger 2.9l '5 Speed 4WD. I recently compared 4.0 header gaskets with 2.9s and they had the same bolt pattern and lined up perfect. Only difference was that the 4.0s had bigger holes. Will 4.0 headers work on a 2.9?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad