• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sauceman

Where can I find a cab fairing with lights? (like the zimmer trucks)

Hello! I have been searching high and low for a Zimmer EZ-RIDER cab fairing. I found one in West Virginia but the shipping costs were way to expensive to get it to Canada. Just wondering if anyone in Canada has one of these and wants to sell it?
  2. sauceman

Wanted LOOKING FOR A RUST FREE SHORT BED

Hello Folks! I am in search of a rust free short box for my 1992 ranger. I would prefer something that will require minimal to no bodywork. My current bed is rusting and I figured it would be cheaper to get an entire box and paint it than to try and patch my current box. Let me know if what...
  3. sauceman

Looking for dually style bed flares

Hello everyone. I am looking for a pair of fiberglass fender flares similar to the ones on the Zimmer Ford ranger trucks. They resemble dually flares but are not as wide and only go up to the bodyline of the truck. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  4. sauceman

Wanted Looking for Cab fairing with Lights (Like the Zimmer ranger)

I have looked high and low all over the internet for one of these cab spoilers to no avail. I think they look really interesting and I would like one for my 92 Ranger project that I am working on. I am trying to find something similar with the two lights on top. These were on the zimmer EZ-rider...
  5. sauceman

1992 4.0L Loud hissing sound and rough idle

Turns out the problem was a missing cap on the Vacuum tree. Simply plugging the hole fixed the issue.
  6. sauceman

1992 4.0L Loud hissing sound and rough idle

Hello everyone. Yesterday I started my ranger and it had a very rough idle. The RPM when sitting would shoot up causing the truck to shake like crazy. It almost sounded like it was going to stall out at some points, but it did not. When I give it gas, it is normal for a few seconds, and the...
  7. sauceman

Can the paint be removed from these rims

That might be a good idea. I expect to remove old clear coat an do a thorough polishing of the wheels. Ive done this process on my current set of rims and they turned out great, but they are only 14" and Im looking to put the 15" on
  8. sauceman

Do you think paint stripper would do the trick?
  9. sauceman

Hello everyone. I saw these 15" aluminum rims that would be perfect for my ranger. Problem is the owner painted them black. Can the black paint be stripped completely from the aluminum surface, so these rims could be polished and restored to factory condition?
  10. sauceman

Rusty Seat bolts will NOT come out, no matter what I do

Nothing seems to be working. I have two of these bolts to remove. After lots of work, I was able to remove one. The second bolt will not come out at all. Below is a list of what I have tried: - Welding a nut on top (broke off each time) - Hex socket (stripped into a circle) - Pipe wrench (kept...
  11. sauceman

Does a custom cold air intake improve the sound of the engine?

Have you used a custom cold air intake on your vehicle? What do you recommend
  12. sauceman

Does a custom cold air intake improve the sound of the engine?

Hello everyone. I was thinking about purchasing a cold air intake for my 92 ford ranger 4.0L. I've always been skeptical as to how much a Cold air intake improves performance, but for a bit of extra sound quality, it would be worth it. Do any of you guys notice a sound difference with one...
  13. sauceman

Running boards or no running boards?

The louvers were an interesting trend for sure. Those bolt on accessories your referring to makes me think of this Ford ranger Zimmer, the most 90s looking truck on the planet.
  14. sauceman

Running boards or no running boards?

They are mainly for looks, the truck isn't that high, so getting in and out is easy for most people.
  15. sauceman

Driver side door rattles excessively 1992 XLT

Did you try loosening it with a vice gr I know this may sound silly, but have you tried loosening it with a vice grip? The only other thing I could think of is maybe a higher quality TORX socket. Once you are able to get the bolt out, you will have to replace the "striker bushing", which is...
  16. sauceman

Driver side door rattles excessively 1992 XLT

Hey Guys. The driver side door on my 1992 ford ranger has started to rattle quite a bit. It's as if it is not latched tightly anymore. What do you recommend I do to fix this?
  17. sauceman

Cheap and easy mods to increase HP and performance

I didn't know that. I was wondering if a higher end, aftermarket air intake would enhance the sound and performance slightly?
  18. sauceman

Cheap and easy mods to increase HP and performance

I just hit 93,000 miles now, I might consider doing headers and a rear differential at some point. I also looked into installing a K&N cold air intake.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad