• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My FX4 LII engine was running very rough with loss of power and the solution.

Right, and I don't even know if I can trust the kid reading the codes either.
  2. My FX4 LII engine was running very rough with loss of power and the solution.

You are correct. I'll be getting a code reader in the not too distant future.
  3. My FX4 LII engine was running very rough with loss of power and the solution.

So my 2003 FX4 level II had started running very rough with loss of power etc, it felt like it was misfiring. Immediately went to auto zone and had them run the codes. They told me it was a small evap leak and tried to sell me a new gas cap which I declined because my gas cap looked fine. I...
  4. Sputtering engine

Is the PCV valve functioning properly?
  5. pcv valve grommet for 2003 4.0 engine

Thanks for the help. Looks like I will be looking for a new valve cover then. I thought this was going to be an easy fix ha ha.
  6. pcv valve grommet for 2003 4.0 engine

Well, I suppose the tabs or threads on valve cover hole might have broken off then. The pcv valve inserts with no resistance and I can turn it endlessly. I also used my phone camera to see if there were any threads on the valve cover hole and looks smooth, threadless. Would the solution be a...
  7. pcv valve grommet for 2003 4.0 engine

I'm looking for a replacement PCV valve grommet for my 2003 XLT 4.0 Ranger. Apparently these seem to be hard to find. The PCV valve going into the grommet is threaded as seen in the attached picture so I suppose the grommet needs to be threaded as well. However, i can't find any threaded PCV...
  8. 2.3L ('02-'11) 03 2.3 evap system question

I am having the same issue. The engine started running very rough like it was misfiring and there was a loss of power. I took the Ranger to Autozone to check codes, and was told the code was for a small evap leak. Autozone suggested I replace the gas cap, but the cap seal looked fine, no...
  9. Should I be concerned about the age of the tires I am purchasing?

Hey, thanks for all the info on this. I will go ahead with the purchase. The actual manufacture date code is 3318 so based on that, they won't even be three years old until end of August if my math is correct. Also, I will probably avg 10k a year on them so I should use them up before they...
  10. Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

I have had both the cv joints replaced in the last 2 years, didn't seem to make a difference. So I don't know where the clunking seems to be coming from, but I decided to just let it be and if something eventually breaks, I can fix it. Until then, I will just keep wheeling.
  11. Should I be concerned about the age of the tires I am purchasing?

I found some BFG KM3s in 33X10.5 r15, but the manufacture date is from 2018. They have never been mounted, just sitting in a warehouse somewhere and they are not giving much of a discount either on price. I am only considering these right now because KM3's in that size are on back order till...
  12. Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

I put the new leaf springs, shackles and u-bots on. Took me several days. The ride does feel stiffer and seems to have minimized some vibrations that were occurring at highway speeds. However, the clunking while in 4wd is still occurring when going up hills. So now I'm looking at u joints...
  13. Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

I probably need to put the Go-Pro down there for a second look, but based on what I saw the the first time, there has to be an issue somewhere with the rear driveshaft, rear diff, leaf springs. Like you said, it could be the u-bolts, or something needs tightened down on the rear suspension...
  14. Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

Update on the clunking in 4wd while under load: I had the passenger CV axle with the torn boot changed out, I also noticed a ball joint was shot so I had that replaced as well. I opted not to switch out the driver side CV axle as it looked fine for now. I was confident the clunking would...
  15. Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

I hope it's the CV axles at this point.
  16. Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

It still clunks when the a/c is turned off. So now I'll be looking at the CV axles this weekend.
  17. A/C waits to kick on

Did you ever get this resolved, my 2003 FX4 is doing the exact same thing.
  18. Clunking while in 4wd going up hills

That is pretty crazy, but now that i think about it, i usually do have the a/c on so I'll test that possibility out later today. The way you described it is exactly what is happening to me. It sounds like my transfer case or something is about to break.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad