• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A/C Grinding noise at Start up - Do I really need to do all this?

Thanks Dirtman. Sometimes "I read it on the Internet" takes me down a rabbit hole. Hopefully I caught it in time.
  2. A/C Grinding noise at Start up - Do I really need to do all this?

Months ago I posted that my 2008 FX4 would make a grinding noise when/because it was in 4wd at startup. Sorry, I can't find that post. Well, a few months ago I began to think that maybe it was the AC compressor and not the 4wd. So I disconnected the power to the AC and have driven it many times...
  3. AC cuts off when accelerating

So... Lesson learned. Find a mechanic who'll "go after it" for lack of a better expression. The blend door replaced but that wasn't it. I bit the bullet and made a appointment with the dealer. The tech put it up in the air and found the hose was bad about 8 inched from the reservoir. Thar she...
  4. AC cuts off when accelerating

Just a quick reply. I've run this by my mechanic; but to fess up, for almost 25 years I turned wrenches. Towards the end of my 'career' I managed more than anything. This darn hand of mine and the fact that my ancient SnapOn tool box is missing more than my 10mm wrenches, has me at a...
  5. AC cuts off when accelerating

Arrgghh.... So the mechanic is a guy I trust, been in the business 25 years. He says he "didn't do anything" but check the hoses. Now the fan only blows thru the defrost and foot well not the vents on the dash. And NOW THE HEATER DOESN'T WORK! That is, no heat even to defrost or footwell...
  6. AC cuts off when accelerating

"Proctologist" But it's not a problem; I've met my medical plans deductible. And he checks my prostate at the same time :scare:
  7. AC cuts off when accelerating

Vacuum issue! I'll ask my mechanic to check as was suggested: In the engine bay there will be a grey and a black hard plastic vacuum lines coming out of firewall on passenger side Black one is the main line and runs forward to the Vacuum reservoir in the lower front of engine bay Still...
  8. AC cuts off when accelerating

Just saw your post. I'll try it in a couple of hours
  9. AC cuts off when accelerating

I'll double check tomorrow but I reached over to the windshield this morning and didn't feel anything.
  10. AC cuts off when accelerating

Doesn't seem to be coming from the defrost vents. Fan stops completely.
  11. AC cuts off when accelerating

<thud> The fan stops completely. So what would cause this?
  12. AC cuts off when accelerating

Yeah well, if your wife had to drive it, it would have gotten fixed :p
  13. AC cuts off when accelerating

Thanks RonD - Probably saved me a good bit of cash in troubleshooting. Not the best pic, but I'm really enjoying my second Ford. First was a 57 Ranchero I bought at auction 30 years ago.
  14. AC cuts off when accelerating

Thanks guys. Driving this morning with just the fan on (no AC) it behaved the same. No fan under acceleration. Scheduled Monday for some minor work with my mechanic and I'll ask him to troubleshoot for a vacuum leak unless someone relies with additional info.
  15. AC cuts off when accelerating

Searched but didn't find anything that described the following: Cruising, the AC works fine. Under even slight acceleration the fan stops; that is no forced air from the vents. Backing off the gas, the fan starts blowing again with cold air. Driving country roads with even gradual uphill...
  16. After shutting down in 4wd and starting in 2wd - Thunk from the front

Yeah but, it seems that switching into 2wd for the final leg eliminates the thunk. I've just started and if it rears its ugly head, I'll post back.
  17. After shutting down in 4wd and starting in 2wd - Thunk from the front

Ah, I was a hairs breadth away from buying a Bugeye many many years ago. Ended up with a TR3 and 4 and then... my buddy and I came across a Twin Cam MGA. We used to take it up to LimeRock . He was going for his license.
  18. 2008 Ranger horn connector

I bought some Horns I'm nursing a fractured left hand and I'd rather ask first before I either bust the connector or my hand again. I can't tell if the harness side of the horn is male or female so hoping someone can tell me If This will plugin to the harness because I plan on following this...
  19. Before I buy these - Don't think I have Secure Lock

Not useless; thanks. This site has what I believe are the steps: Key Programming
  20. After shutting down in 4wd and starting in 2wd - Thunk from the front

OIC. So what kinda car? So, yeah. I have to switch to 2wd and have the wheels pointing straight. A bit tricky 'cause my driveway is windy but no clunk.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad