• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. More Bronco hear say.

Amen, non turbo engine and a stick shift, I'd have bought one yesterday.
  2. First post .

A Porscholet.... which sounds like an upscale porta-potty :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: Sorry, couldn't help it!
  3. Fuel problems, won't continue running after startup

I got one on Amazon that did. Will have to dig it up.
  4. Tow capacity

Look at the GCVWR (gross combined vehicle weight rating), that's the truck, plus the contents of the truck plus the trailer. So yeah absolutely at the limit, and almost certainly beyond with any gear. Having said that... I've driven across Florida, no mountains, so up to you. Flat as a...
  5. Tow capacity

Have the owner's manual? If so it will be in there, somewhere. 2 or 4wd? Do you know the rear end gears? Standard cab or extended? Pic of the door sticker might help answer some of these questions. Receiver hitch? Bumpers are usually rated around 2,000 pounds, could be exceptions...
  6. 5r55e from bad to worse

Over my pay grade for sure. Good luck.......
  7. 5r55e from bad to worse

Sounds like it, or pump went out. Can't hear it trying to shift at all as you pull the lever through the gears?
  8. '85 Ranger Restomod

The old gas can is way cool!!!!!!
  9. Leaf springs AND coilovers in the rear?

Explorer springs will be the cheapest way to make the rear suspension quite a bit stiffer... but be careful what you ask for. Mine rides like a dump truck, empty (needed the capacity at that time so no big deal). Rear shock mounts aren't all that substantial on a Ranger, I wouldn't get carried...
  10. Steering Wheel Squeak

Yep do it all the time, works great.
  11. Show us your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger

He needs a lift kit for the garage, not the Ranger ;)
  12. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Gray hair, too!!!!!! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: Oh wait that ain't funny......
  13. 5r55e from bad to worse

Does it actually shift into overdrive? If it does, do the engine RPMs stay constant if the speedo stays constant, even if you blip the throttle a bit? That's how I knew mine was finally going out, little changes in the throttle would affect the tach, but not the speedo. Anyway close to 300K...
  14. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Ordered brake shoes, cylinders, and the return spring thingy that holds the adjustment pawl for the parking brake. One wheel cylinder leaking, shoes nearly worn out, and the return spring thingy that I just replaced a few months ago.... evidently got a little too hot when my son drove it with...
  15. In case you wanted a classic bmw

She probably could have shipped the car there cheaper..... or just dumped it into the ocean......
  16. In case you wanted a classic bmw

That pretty well happened to a friend of mine. I think she spent more on fixing a transmission in one, than I spent on either of my vehicles when they were new..... :eek:
  17. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Cleaned an astonishing amount of filth out from under the toolbox. When stuff starts to sprout in it..... maybe should have cleaned it a bit sooner!
  18. CLUTCH SLAVE ISSUES

Question is, what brand of replacement slave cylinder keeps failing? That might answer the question of whether it is a defect in design, or workmanship.
  19. 98 Ranger 4.0 5 speed rear brakes locking up

In the same boat, rear brakes on my truck just started hanging up last couple of times I drove it. Dang it..... about to tear into that. @#$%#$% things only lasted 24 years, what gives???????

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad