• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1997 Ignition lock cylinder won't "spring back" upon start up

Was I suppose to remove lock cylinder with battery disconnected? My alarm is now going off and I cannot start or shut the anti theft alarm off....
  2. Proper procedure for replacing the front brake rotors on a 1997 ford ranger 2wd and just rear wheel ABS

Are there any write up/tutorials on this forum that I can read?
  3. Proper procedure for replacing the front brake rotors on a 1997 ford ranger 2wd and just rear wheel ABS

Hello, Could someone please point me in the write direction or a tutorial/write up on replacing the front rotors on my 1997 ford ranger xlt 2wd with just rear wheel ABS? Please and thanks in advance. My main concern is the correct torque specs and the correct preload.
  4. 1997 Ignition lock cylinder won't "spring back" upon start up

My 1997 Ford Ranger's lock cylinder will not spring back after starting the engine. What is the remedy for this situation? What is the fix? Lock cylinder or ignition switch?
  5. Cylinder leak down test with intake manifold off?

1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 liter OHV
  6. Cylinder leak down test with intake manifold off?

Is there a good write up on this forum about performing an intake manifold gasket set job? I am needing to do such.
  7. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

Is there a write up for the procedure of valve cover(s) removal for 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 liter OHV engine?
  8. Cylinder leak down test with intake manifold off?

Is it possible to perform a cylinder leak down test on each cylinder when or if I take the intake manifold off? I am assuming that when I get down to taking the intake manifold off, I will have everything off that will include the valve covers, as well, thus making it easier to determine if I am...
  9. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

I am back to trying to find TDC for cylinder number 1 so I can perform a cylinder leak down test. Is there a surefire way of knowing that both valves are closed when the piston for cylinder number 1 is up on a stroke for TDC?
  10. 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 liter OHV cylinder leak down test. Help, please?

I am a one man operation, currently. Is there a way I rig up my compression gauge without the schrader valve in to signify when I am at TDC by psi reading on gauge?
  11. 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 liter OHV cylinder leak down test. Help, please?

Have all spark plugs removed for cylinder leak down test?
  12. 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 liter OHV cylinder leak down test. Help, please?

How do I know which is which if I am just using the 0 mark on the harmonic balancer for finding cylinder 1 TDC versus cylinder 5 TDC?
  13. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

I looked in the radiator for bubbling coolant, but saw nothing. A tad low on coolant, but still visible from looking down the spout neck of the radiator cap fill neck.
  14. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

cylinder 1 had a 16% leakage coming from crankcase. cylinder 4 had a 32% leakage and I am struggling finding where the leakage is? It's not coming from the exhaust tailpipe... or crankcase... Still have to test the other 4 cylinders.
  15. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

SOUND advice, lol. Thanks, again.
  16. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

Thank you.
  17. 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 liter OHV cylinder leak down test. Help, please?

I am working on a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 liter OHV engine and trying to perform a cylinder leak down test on each cylinder. I have the firing order for my engine as, 1-4-2-5-3-6. Compression readings from the compression test were the following: Cylinder 1 175psi Cylinder 2 170 psi Cylinder...
  18. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

I am working on a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 liter OHV engine and trying to perform a cylinder leak down test on each cylinder. I have the firing order for my engine as, 1-4-2-5-3-6. Compression readings from the compression test were the following: Cylinder 1 175psi Cylinder 2 170 psi Cylinder...
  19. 4.0 OHV Top Dead Center questions.

I am struggling with finding TDC for each cylinder to perform a cylinder leak down test.... Any suggestion?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad